iPad Pro Just got an iPad Pro- Air 3 predictions

Discussion in 'iPad' started by lulla01, Feb 23, 2016.

1. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

I got an incredibly good deal on a very lightly used iPad Pro- 700.00 for the 128gb LTE version.

Then i realized that the air 3 may be coming out, do you guys think there will be any 1 feature that I would be potentially missing? I don't care about rear flash, but anything else that would make the air 3 more attractive than the pro?

2. itsOver9000 macrumors 6502

itsOver9000

3. Zimmy68 macrumors 68000

Zimmy68

Was that from a private seller?
    I feel there is a bargain in some Target somewhere.
    I'm looking for a good price on a Pro.

4. Count Blah macrumors 68040

Count Blah

Staples had a good one going recently. Forget prices, but even got me slightly interested, and I generally have little/no interest in the IPP.

5. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

Spec wise I don't think there will be any huge positives for air over pro unless you like smaller size

6. masotime macrumors 68020

masotime

$700 is a very good price. Is it an unlocked version? Are you getting it off e.g. Craigslist? Is it still eligible for AppleCare+ (i.e. < 60 days old?)

7. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

All iPads are unlocked.

8. masotime, Feb 24, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2016

masotime macrumors 68020

masotime

Ok I didn't know that. Is it by law? It's a bit odd because e.g Swappa still classifies iPad models by carrier, which would imply that carriers are still locking them.

EDIT: Ok I googled and although there is no official site like Apple's saying it, it looks like it really is unlocked. Then the only difference is that different models work on different radio frequencies?

I'm originally from Singapore which doesn't have this silly concept of carrier locking on iPhones, so I'm familiar (or appreciative) of the concept in the U.S.

9. Abazigal macrumors G3

Abazigal

Only feature I can think of is force touch and / or maybe the improved Touch ID sensor the 6S+ uses. The iPhone would be mid-cycle, demand should be lower, and this frees up manufacturing capacity and parts which could in turn finally make it to other Apple products.

10. Deane2000 macrumors member

Deane2000

You got a great deal. You should be stoked! From what the rumors are saying, the Air 3 looks to be what is essentially a mini iPad Pro, (not an iPad Mini, per se). The only consternation I can see is that you'd be happier with the smaller screen / form factor of the Air 3 but if that was the case, why would you have purchased the Pro in the first place. Enjoy and be happy, you scored.

11. Night Spring, Feb 24, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2016

Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Earlier iPads had different types f radio that didn't work with all carriers, but it was like one model worked with carriers A and B while another model worked with carriers C and D. So for instance if you bought a model that worked with carriers A and B, you could switch between then freely, because they were unlocked.

Recent iPads have radios that work with all carriers. For a year or two, that all-carrier model was still sold as "AT&T" iPads, for example, but all that meant was it came with AT&T SIM preinstalled. You could buy an AT&T iPad, take out the SIM, put in another SIM, and it worked. Now, iPads come with Apple SIM, so there's just one model, and you pick a carrier when you first activate the SIM.

Sites like Swappa probably still list carrier models because they are still dealing with earlier models that were sold before the introduction of Apple SIM.

12. Commy1 macrumors 6502a

Commy1