just got an ipad :) suggestions for games?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by js09, Sep 17, 2010.

1. js09 macrumors member

Looking for strategy games mostly, that are no more than a few bucks :)

I also don't have the 3g so something that can be played offline would be cool.

Here is a list i made so far so download when i get home tonight:

chess
    Cogs HD Lite
    Construction Zone HD Lite
    Harbor Master
    Labyrinth 2 HD Lite

2. budfoot macrumors regular

budfoot

Plants v. Zombies
    Angry Birds...

Someone else recommended Medieval and Wesnoth, i've downloaded both, but haven't done anything with them yet.

3. js09 thread starter macrumors member

4. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

Angry birds is a must!

Never really got on with PvZ really :confused:

5. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Flight Control.

I find this game as one of the most addicting that I've played in many years. Reminds me of Golf in Real Life. Just when you are ready to quit, she gives you a good/high score then off you go again to pay the piper ... willingly.

While both the iPhone/iPod touch and iPad versions are good, I find that the iPad with the larger screen is more fun for me. More runways. More heliports. And of course, more airplanes to direct.

6. Thomas Davie macrumors 6502

As has been said, Angry Birds or Plants .vs. Zombies. Prepare to be addicted.

My 22 year old niece told me to buy Angry Birds and now I have even lesss of a life than before :)

Another of my favourites is NY. Zombies.

Tom

Oh, forgot to add; Civilization Revolutions (iPad version, but it is 12.99)

7. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I have to agree with Plants vs Zombies. But I really like Osmos, I didn't get it when I first heard about it, but now that I have it, I can't put it down.

8. markosb macrumors 6502

markosb

Most of wanted to say was said... So congrats on the iPad :)

9. nanohits macrumors regular

nanohits

10. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

There are a lot of good games in the app store, but the ones I go to most are:

Airport Mania Don't let the cute graphics fool you. This game can get QUITE challenging at times.

Luxor So addicting.

TicTacDojo The most addicting of all. Takes the traditional tic tac toe game to a whole new level. This one is played in our household more then anything else so it's not just me that thinks this one is a whole lot of fun.

I'm also rather fond of BirdStrike but the graphics aren't too good on an iPad and it's not a strategy game at all. But it is a whole lot of fun if you have a few minutes to kill.

11. mproudfoot macrumors member

mproudfoot

I'd highly recommended Angry Birds, PvZ, Flight Control, Airport Mania and Galcon - all very addictive.

12. saberahul macrumors 68040

You HAVE got to download Angry Birds HD - it's very well made - has A LOT of episodes and lot of fun and so much worth the money [although even the iPhone app should be 5 as it's too good for a buck for them].

13. thebleeptruth macrumors newbie

My current favorites for the iPad:
    Fruit Ninja
    Chaos Rings
    Need for Speed: Shift
    Space Station: Frontier --> Strategy
    Plants vs Zombies --> Strategy

14. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

You can do the developer of TicTacDojo a solid then by leaving a five star rating. So far his game has no five star ratings, only one four star rating and eight single star (poor) ratings.

15. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Yes and I will be leaving a review once I have gone through some of the other options in the game. It does tend to crash out to the springboard at the end of every 3 round game though. So might not get a five star rating until that's fixed.

16. jm5309 macrumors regular

Angry Birds, for sure. It's by far my favorite. I sprung for the Cogs HD full version, and it's a great game, if a bit maddening at times. Everything else i play is mostly just filling the void until the next Angry Birds update. :) (I do wish they'd come out with Peggle for iPad...)

17. Makani macrumors newbie

Makani

I'd say Red Card Rampage, cuz I made it :). No but seriously, it is gorgeous on iPad. Check out a screenshot here.
    I'd also recommend Airport Mania. Love that game.

18. robertpgg macrumors newbie

19. tmarks11 macrumors 6502

Red Alert is good. Good for multiplayer (ie, multiple ipad) gaming.
    Carcassonne (an amazingly good time waster). Card based stragtegy game where you build towns and roads.
    Space Miner. I only wish they would come out with space miner II, because I was ready for about 10 more levels when it ended.
    Heavy Machinery. 2-D drive the tank through schenery and blow stuff up.