Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

palckofv

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 22, 2008
So I just upgraded from a 2g to an iPhone 4.. I had my 2g jailbroken for some time.. My new phone came with 4.0.2 on it and I can't find anything about jailbreaking this firmware. I did a search and found a couple of things but I know there have been a lot of "jailbreaks" by some fishy sites lately so I wanted to get some advice from you guys on what route I should take to make my awesome new phone even more awesome! Thanks for any help! Also like I said I just upgraded from a 2g, so what are the apps I've been missing out on having that old phone? Thanks again!

tctony

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2009
No. If you really used the search, you would already know this.

Anyway, sorry about your luck with 4.0.2. Vanilla iPhone stinks.

As IrishVixen said, there will not be a jailbreak until 4.1 most likely, but there are no guarantees.

palckofv

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 22, 2008
I figured that was the case...Thank you..I did do a search though. I just wanted to make sure. Anything is better than the beaten down 2g I had before..I hated it!

tctony

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2009
I figured that was the case...Thank you..I did do a search though. I just wanted to make sure. Anything is better than the beaten down 2g I had before..I hated it!

Updating from the 3GS to the 4 was nice (after I had my jailbreak set up), I can't imagine the difference going from an original iPhone to the 4. It must be light & day.

palckofv

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 22, 2008
It really is like a completely different device for me. I can't believe how fast it is..no more waiting five seconds for everything to open!! I love it so far. What are some cool apps that I couldn't really use on my old phone?

bhattsan

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2010
It really is like a completely different device for me. I can't believe how fast it is..no more waiting five seconds for everything to open!! I love it so far. What are some cool apps that I couldn't really use on my old phone?
Coming from the iPhone 3g:
Google Earth, Angry Birds (much better on 4 IMO),NFS,Real Racing, Gun Range (app that uses gyro is pretty cool), digg app (this was a dog on the 3g)

MultiMediaWill

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2010
Minneapolis
Updating from the 3GS to the 4 was nice (after I had my jailbreak set up), I can't imagine the difference going from an original iPhone to the 4. It must be light & day.

Haha, I went from an old dumb phone to the iPhone 4 and wow what an amazing difference. Granted, I had the iPod touch first generation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.