Just Got An iPhone 4 On 4.0.1............Question

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Neverbepeace, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Neverbepeace macrumors 6502a

Neverbepeace

I searched but not so clear.....I want to JB and unlock it. Do I go through Jailbreakme.com? Or is there another route? Thanks

UPDATE: I got everything up and running EXCEPT:

Facetime and MMS. Now, I downloaded the Mitime app but i cannot get passed the "compatibility" page. It gives me a message stating "FT activation is not on file"......really starting to bug me. Anybody have any tips?

2. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

For you, since you have 4.0.1, jailbreakme.com would be the easiest way to go. Real simple too.

3. Neverbepeace thread starter macrumors 6502a

Neverbepeace

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Wow, you got lucky.
    All people have been getting latelly is iphones with 4.1 preinstalled.
    Where did you find it?

5. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

I don't think he got it from an Apple store. I'm pretty sure the absolute minimum FW version they put out now is 4.0.2 since that fixes the PDF exploit.

6. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

Wanted to stress this - Since you got a 4.0.1 phone, make sure to SAVE YOUR BLOBS! You have a luxury many of us don't - you can always downgrade to pre-4.1 firmware.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Oh I see.
    I was searching local AT&T, Apple stores and besbuy's and couldnt find one lower with 4.1
    4.0.2 would be great cause I wanted to maintain the unlockable baseband but still couldnt get any with 4.0.2

8. swoosh0217 macrumors 6502a

swoosh0217

Applejuiced never mentioned anything about Apple store. All he said was "All people have been getting latelly is iphones with 4.1 preinstalled." which means it could be anywhere, Craigslist, eBay etc.

Also, its too late for him to save his blobs on 4.0.1 using Tiny Umbrella.

9. Twigout macrumors newbie

I'm I out of luck trying to buy a new iphone 4 without 4.1

Hey Folks.

I had to be a fool but I've got to check to be clear that I can't go into a best buy and pick up an iPhone 4 and run it through it's unlocking paces right!? Do I understand correctly that I missed my window for this?

I was in a bestbuy today and they had some phones that came in a little over two weeks ago. My guess is they have the older baseband but to sell you the phone they say they need to do a set up with At&t and iTunes in the store which is surely going to put it on 4.1 and take the new phone to 4.1 right? So no unlocked iphone unless you buy one used now right?

And I read that there are no plans for now of unlocking 4.1.

I'm on a 3GS unlocked right now but I wanted to move up to the new machine. I'm out of luck right?

10. troy14 macrumors 6502a

When they activate / etc the phone they won't upgrade the firmware. Takes too long and they have no obligation to do so.

You could get lucky and get one with 4.0.1 or 4.0.2 and be able to unlock it. Or, you could get one with 4.1. I don't see how you could refuse it by checking the firmware before paying for it - I don't think they'd let you open the box, find the FW, and then reject it.

If you have to have an unlocked iPhone I would find one on eBay or Craigslist.

11. No ice please macrumors 6502

My local Bestbuy's display iPhone 4 had 4.0.1. I made a MyWi hot spot and jailbroke it. The funny thing is was the iPad was updated to the latest firmware.

12. Ace134blue macrumors 6502a

Ace134blue

Why is he lucky? 4.1 is jailbreakable

13. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Having 4.0.1 on the phone does not allow you to save those blobs. All he can save now is 4.1. You only save what apple is signing.

14. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

But not unlockable ;) at the moment.

15. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Exactly :)

16. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

My bad, somehow this slipped my mind. Too early in the morning when I wrote that I think.

17. PaHtSaN macrumors regular

If you get your phone replaced under applecare, you usually get a lower than current version, and the phone you get is brand new. Probably they've been sitting there for a while, I doubt apples had to replace tooo many 4s so far.

18. troy14 macrumors 6502a

Have you not been reading all the super-anal-iPhone 4 replacement happy people on these forums? :confused::confused:

19. PaHtSaN macrumors regular

No I havent, its just a theory, ive never replaced an iphone 4, i did replace a 3gs before though when 4.0.2 was already out for a while, the replacement was on 4.0.1

20. Neverbepeace thread starter macrumors 6502a

Neverbepeace

On a side note.....I got everything up and running.....MMS and facetime! Thanks

One last question....I'm currently on a BB plan paying $80 monthly for unlimited everything. I keep hearing about this tzones hack for $4.99 or $9.99. Could anybody shed some light on this? Would love to save some pennies:D