Just got an iTouch but I need help!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Nasto92, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Nasto92 macrumors newbie

Nasto92

I just got my iTouch for christmas and I installed iTunes on to my family's laptop and iTunes worked fine for one time but when I closed the window and opened it back up iTunes wouldn't work because of DEP(data execption prevention), I tried to make windows allow iTunes to work but i said that i can't add iTunes to the list of programs that aren't prevented (btw the computer runs on Vista). I already un-installed iTunes and re-installed it, but it still didn't work due DEP. because of this problem i can't put media, and etc. on my iTouch and I've tried other iPod managing applications but i doesn't connect to my iTouch. btw my iTouch is activated from that 1 time that iTunes actually worked.

So is there another way to make my iTouch into a external hard drive without having to use iTunes?
    or Can you tell me how I can fix my problem with iTunes?

Thx in advance =D

2. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

Texas04

There is no way to make an iPod Touch into an external hard drive, easily. (It is kind of possible if you hack it.. etc, but that still requires iTunes)

As for the issue with iTunes I don't personally have a solution other than to pair it up with a nice shiny new Mac ;).

3. DocVT macrumors member

You can use apps such as Air Sharing or Files to move files from your computer to iPod touch.

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Yeah Apple in their infinite wisdom took the option to use the iPhone and iPod Touch in disk mode away from us a while back. I believe the classic, nano, and shuffle can still be set to disk mode though.

At any rate, your best bet was already handed to you, AirShare. Once free, now $6.99 I think, worth every single penny.

5. Nasto92 thread starter macrumors newbie

Nasto92

Thanks guys i'll try Airshare. Hopefully it will help me out