Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mac17

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 18, 2006
and my macbook pro, which was just repaired due to the screen jumping when touched, (they replaced the screen) now has two invisible horizontal lines on the screen can anyone tell if this is a hardware issue and I would have to go back to the Apple store which is 40 mins away or can I fix this myself.

Mindflux

macrumors 68000
Oct 20, 2007
Austin
and my macbook pro, which was just repaired due to the screen jumping when touched, (they replaced the screen) now has two invisible horizontal lines on the screen can anyone tell if this is a hardware issue and I would have to go back to the Apple store which is 40 mins away or can I fix this myself.

Ps: as you can see in the picture by the words "screen and "they" are the lines.

Uh, no you can't see it here (I can't anyway). That's a screenshot of a bunch of 0's and 1's your video card puts out and OS X renders.

If it's got lines on it, it's a physical defect.

mac17

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 18, 2006
Uh, no you can't see it here (I can't anyway). That's a screenshot of a bunch of 0's and 1's your video card puts out and OS X renders.

If it's got lines on it, it's a physical defect.

I took off the screenshot it didnt appear on it

mac17

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 18, 2006
Heres pic, you can see the yellow bubble is cut in half...

Attachments

• IMG_0123.JPG
    IMG_0123.JPG
    442.9 KB · Views: 133

Josheua

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2007
United States
Not to mention the arrow keys on the box you have open aren't symetric. So yeah, take it back and see what they can do about it.

-Josh :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.