Just got back from Apple Store w/ return

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by metalarmed, Sep 18, 2007.

1. metalarmed macrumors member

My previous ipod touch had a bad screen so I went to return it and, boy, was it easy. He recognized the problem right away (even though it was the first ipod touch he ever saw face to face) and gave me an exchange.

He told me that if it's a manufacturing problem, then odds are the exchange won't solve the problem. As a result, he extended my exchange warranty until october 31. He said if Apple doesn't fix the problem by then I can get return it and get a full refund!!! :)

In addition, he also notified the Apple's engineering sector about the inverse black problem through e-mail. He said it would be a start to get apple to recognize the problem if they haven't already.

2. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

ok but you left out the most important detail...is the new one good???

3. metalarmed thread starter macrumors member

4. metalarmed thread starter macrumors member

Aaaaandddddddddd... the negative black is still there :eek:. Not a surprise though. I checked out 5 of the ipod touches on display at the apple store and all of them had the same problem.

5. aidanpendragon macrumors 6502a

Sucks. Good story to relate, tho.

6. jockmock macrumors regular

I don't know if you have the energy, but if you have, return it again and again untill you get a (close to) perfect one. Apple have to feel as much of this as possible

7. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

Will be interesting to see whether the people who have to wait until the 28th will have the same problem

8. metalarmed thread starter macrumors member

lol. People should start returning their defected ipod touches to get the apple guys aware. I'm really glad he contacted the engineers though. That should help a bunch.

9. Hoopdy macrumors 6502

Some news station will probably pick up the info and broadcast it once it actually comes out.

I know if mine is messed up I'll be having a VERY long dicussion with Apple Support and force them to refund me 100% w/ no restocking BS.

10. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

I definitely think its more or less a problem on most unit on the shelf now, some people don't really care that much such that they might feel its "ok"

all in all, I will return it in 2 weeks, enough time to play with it, and apple can just eat it. I would try again maybe next time (3 months?) see if things get better.