Just got back from apple (stuck pixel exchange)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Vikinguy, Sep 29, 2007.

1. Vikinguy macrumors 6502

Walked in, got an appointment with a genius and walked out. Went back about 2 hours later and was greeted by a very nice young lady. It was the first time she had SEEN A TOUCH...LOL. Anyway, i showed her the major bright pixel in a dark video and she had trouble seeing it. I showed it to her and she then understood. She took it back into the darker back room and was able to see the rest of the slightly less noticeable pixels. She came out and said that they would certainly exchange it but that they didn't have any in stock. She then wrote me a note on her genius card stating that I am to get an exchange because of stuck pixels, even it it's after the 14 day return period.

So basically, I'm pleased with the costumer service. I just hope I get atleast a 38....oh and she also took my phone number and said they would CALL ME when they got a shipment...which I hadn't heard of before. Anyway, good trip. I got to keep my touch and I have a guarantee...solid.

2. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

I got sick of calling and driving to my local store to get a replacement so I just requested a service replacement online. To my surprise (glee) they had 'stuck/dead pixels' as a service request reason.

Joy.

3. chrismball macrumors newbie

Good to hear. Apple definitely does have some great customer service, especially if you live near an Apple store. It would be nice if their quality control was as good :rolleyes:

4. Grim Santo macrumors newbie

I have a lot of problem with the Ipod Touch, I have had to return it 7 times. Other then one bad a$$hole manager, apple has been good to me CS wise. Now if I can find out without Dead Pixels.