Just got Bodyguardz after using Zagg IS..

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by me2000, Jul 14, 2010.

1. me2000 macrumors 6502

Received my Bodyguardz install package today. I couldn't stand the Invisible Shield product so I decided to return it and try something different.

HUGE improvement in my opinion.

The quality of the skins is a couple notches higher than the Zagg product. The cuts in the skin are much more precise. Installation seemed to be easier as well.

Orange peel effect an hour after installation looks much less obvious than the Zagg after a week of installation. You can barely tell there's an orange peel effect even at an angle looking into light.

The screen is incredibly clear with no rainbow effects or imperfections. Just some bubbles and a bit of haze. An hour after installation you cannot tell there's a skin over the screen when using the iPhone. It also does not seem to ruin the retina display (which is what I was most concerned about).

It's also a lot more smooth than the IS. The Zagg seemed a bit more rough when sliding your finger across the screen.

Overall, I am very happy with Bodyguardz.. I didn't expect it to be this much better than the Zagg IS. Definitely recommend it over the Zagg.

2. dr pimper macrumors newbie

I also switched to bodygaurdz after having an IS on my 3G. I agree, the orange peel is definitely less noticeable. Mine started to bubble up a little bit around the edge, probably due to my bumper rubbing on it constantly and not letting it dry long enough. Besides that, I am happy with my bodygaurdz!

3. krypt17 macrumors member

I just made a search for a thread like this. I currently have an IS on my iphone4 and I've been having the worst luck (with multiple IS's) with it stretching, so incredibly easy - especially when warm from your pocket, over the corners putting lint and dust under it making it look like garbage. After a week or two, if I'm outside working ill take my phone out of my pocket and the IS peeling up on the corners.. Does bodyguardz do the same thing? Does it stetch easy or does it stick alot better? I don't want to waste my money if it's the same material with a different name..

4. Block macrumors 6502a

Block

Wait until you return it for a hard film set like PS or SGP. :p

5. krypt17 macrumors member

Well I'd rather keep my phone naked with a screen protector.. What's not going to stretch and stay on for a long time? The two you listed I need to research. Dunno what they are :p

6. Block macrumors 6502a

Block

7. krypt17 macrumors member

Thanks hurriance. I'm liking the power support one alot. Three questions for you if you don't mind.. This is supposed to be a hard shield so it won't stretch? And second.. I understand this is a dry install product and I'm god awful at that. Could I use the zagg spray and make it easier orrr does that just ruin the whole purpose of it being a "dry install". I'm not sure if that really matters if I throw the spray on it and let it dry. Third.. How well is the scratch resistance on it? Similar to zagg?

8. Block macrumors 6502a

Block

Yes, it is a hard shield so it won't stretch.

Yes, you can use the Zagg Spray and make it easier, but try it without it first, it's easier than it looks.

All hard covers will be a small notch below soft covers (by design), but in practical use, you won't notice a difference.