Just got charged for apple care.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Mike Delta, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Mike Delta macrumors 6502

Mike Delta

I just checked my cc account and have a charge for my apple care and yet no temporary charge for the watch it self.

2. Wreckus macrumors 6502a

Wreckus

applecare doesn't have to be delivered via UPS or pre-ordered. Imagine you'll get charged for the phone when it is about to be shipped.

3. Me1987 macrumors regular

Me1987

4. Mike Delta thread starter macrumors 6502

Mike Delta

Yah I am assuming the apple care charge also acted as my temporary authorization charge as well.

5. DJTJ macrumors regular

no holds or charges on my cc for the watch. I didn't buy AC. Figure ill see how it goes within the first bit to see if i need it

6. mizzourah macrumors regular

I have 2 watches on order in separate orders. I only have one temp charge for one of the apple cares.

So I am 1/4 on being charged.

7. AreYouIn? macrumors 6502a

AreYouIn?

I've got a temporary charge for $1 for the watch. I did not purchase Applecare.

8. dan.synergy macrumors member

dan.synergy

I got the charge for applecare as well, I just hope the logic is such that the timeline for the coverage doesnt start until i actually get the darn thing....in june.

9. Photography macrumors 65816

Photography

I'm hoping for the same too. I was charged for AppleCare and not get for the watch which is slated to ship for me in June.

10. rossy100 macrumors 6502

I've had no charge or hold. Quick question - does apple validate card details when order is submitted? (So there is no risk of entering a wrong card digit and not knowing until order is cancelled when it actually gets processed nearer to shipping time?!). I presume it would come up with a payment error straight away and wouldn't successfully submit the order.

Paranoid I know..... But having waited months, then now having to wait another 4-6 weeks..... I would go crazy if there was another delay!!!

11. ryanmcv macrumors 6502a

ryanmcv

I added AppleCare to one of my orders, but I'm not sure if I'll be keeping it. Depends on how my try-on appointment goes later today. If I cancel that order, will the refund for AppleCare happen automatically? I'd rather not bother with calling Apple and asking for the refund.