just got computer rebooted, need some help regarding installation of apps...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by davidhabibian, Jul 20, 2009.

1. davidhabibian macrumors newbie

i just got my computer rebooted at the mac store. it works fine, its got most applications i guess, but i cant find photobooth. i checked the finder, spotligh, applications list, not there. i have a disc that says "macbook: applications install dvd"
    would it, and other apps, be there? if i already have software that is on the disc on the computer, but the software on the disc is older, will the computers software downgrade? any help is greatly apprecitated

btw, i guess im really new to macs cause ive had a pc for all my life, but is there a right click kind of thing for macs? i know i can do ctrl click, and i thought i could double tap with 2 fingers, but that hasnt been working

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Just press Command + Space and type in "photo" and it should be high in that list. :)

3. guydude193 macrumors 6502a

The Install DVD will have all the apps, and it will install everything that's missing.

4. davidhabibian thread starter macrumors newbie

i did that, no photobooth to be found

5. davidhabibian thread starter macrumors newbie

i put it the install dvd, when i tried to install the software it said "you cannot install this software on this computer" and when i read the instructions it said something about testing apple hardware
    help!