Just got Dell 2208WFP LCD, having trouble calibrating

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by benlee, Apr 18, 2009.

1. benlee macrumors 65816

benlee

I just got this LCD for my birthday from my fiance. It looks great. However, I'm having trouble getting it to look 100 percent.

I've tried Apple's calibrating tool, but it still doesn't seem right. At first it was difficult to look at any text because the edges were blurred, but I turned down the sharpness all the way and texts looks much better.

Anyone have any tips or suggestions to calibrate the monitor? Thanks.

2. iCheddar macrumors 6502a

iCheddar

I've tried using Apple's calibration technique, and I find it to be horrible.

I imagine like most Americans, you have at least a few DVDs lying around. Look through them and find one with a THX logo on the back, odds are, if you go into the special features on the discs, you will see something called the 'THX optimizer'. I guarantee you you'll find it on any Pixar film or anything George Lucas has been associated with.

The THX optimizer is pretty in depth and lets you set contrast, brightness, sharpness, almost everything. I work electronics retail and I recommend to all my customers that they do this with their TVs and monitors out of the box. I've used it on my TV and monitor with good results.

3. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

4. benlee thread starter macrumors 65816

benlee

Thanks for the tip. But that does not help me much because I can basically only change brightness and contrast on this thing.

Any good programs out there?