Just got first ever Apple Watch (LTE version) - Can't get it to pair. STUCK

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ethanwa79, Sep 22, 2017.

1. ethanwa79, Sep 22, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2017

ethanwa79 macrumors regular

My first ever Apple Watch just got here today....

Watch is on, App is open on my iPhone and got to the "iTunes Store" screen. Now it's just setting here with the little circle spinning saying "Verifying Apple ID. This may take a few minutes".

[​IMG]

It's been about 20 minutes. This is my second time trying this after I already did a full reset on the Watch. iOS 11 on my iPhone 6s.

VERY FRUSTRATING.

If I don't get this working today I am seriously considering just seeing it back and getting my $450 back.

Any tips?

2. ItsGavinC macrumors 6502

Why would you send it back if you can't get it working in the next few hours? That makes no sense. You'll not have the watch for the next years and years if you do that.

The servers are busy because everybody else is doing the exact same thing. This is not the end of the world. Calm down.

3. ethanwa79 thread starter macrumors regular

I was really on the fence about buying the Watch in the first place because I wanted it to "just work". I waited years specifically for LTE. I'm not going to make a trip to the Genius Bar or get a replacement. If I can't get the thing up and running, then just forget it.

I'll give it some time, but I don't see others here in the forum with this issue.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm resetting my series 0 watch, and contacting the servers was painfully slow.

Just relax, I remember almost every iPhone rollout where people struggled to activate their phones - the servers are getting crushed for the apple watch and iPhone users