Just Got iPad 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by BacklitFirefly, Nov 19, 2011.

1. BacklitFirefly macrumors 6502

I've had an original iPad since April 2010, but yesterday I upgraded to a 2.

What really made me go ahead was that I ordered a Kindle Fire to give someone for Christmas this year, and as soon as it got here I opened it up to see how it works. It was fun. So I was thinking seriously of buying one for myself -- but I used the Fire for a couple of days, and while it's very nice, it doesn't really fit into my Apple cul-de-sac. I mean, I have Apple-only gear, and I like syncing everything and having all my info on all my devices. And I really have no desire to re-purchase all my favorite apps from Amazon's app store for Android. The Fire is cute and nice, but it's no iPad. I think for someone who has never had an iPad, or who wants a bigger thing that's like an iPod Touch (and iOS isn't important to them) then it will be a great tablet. That's the kind of person I bought the Fire for. Someone who already does Kindle a lot, but hasn't got a tablet.

So I guess that spurred me on to upgrade to iPad 2 (YEAH, I know I know...there could be a 3 soon.) But, oh well! I'm very happy with it.:D

2. szolr macrumors 6502

It's nice to see someone who isn't influenced by the argument "Why not wait for the next refresh?". The waiting game is pathetic. The iPad 2's a great device. :D Enjoy it.

3. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    Good for you! And BTW, the KF really isn't a "tablet." More of a souped up eReader.

4. BacklitFirefly thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, after using the Kindle Fire for about three days, I did realize it isn't a full tablet. To me though, nothing is an authentic tablet at this point, except for the iPad.

Yet, for someone who has never experienced that, I can see how it would function somewhat as a tablet: you can use it for email, surfing the web (albeit choppily) and watching movies or listening to music. What most people who use tablets actually do with them.

But I'm used to so much more, like being able to compose documents and presentations or write music albums if I feel like it. And there's bookmark, calendar, and app syncing. Just so much more. I'm very happy with iPad.