Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NewMac01

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2011
This is my first post and I just got an iPad 2 and the apple smart cover last weekend from best buy. the iPad 2 works great so far and this is my first apple device. Still learning how to use it :confused: and try to setup iTunes...

the best buy staff suggested me to get the smart cover when i bought the ipad2. Ok i got it because i know nothing about it. After I went home and play with it... I just realize the smart cover ($39+ tax) cannot protect the entire machine... and it left the back unprotected ...i am little bit upset... :mad: too bad, the packaging was gone, and i could not return it.

also .. I am not completely comfortable the way smart cover attach to the iPad2... looks like it may drop :eek:

NOW the iPad 2 is placed on top of a piece of velvet to prevent any scratch... I really need something to protect the back and i don't want to spend another $50 to get a good quality folio case.... now I am stuck!!! any economic way to solve this problem???

Please help!!!

Sophia

LTMK

macrumors member
Apr 1, 2011
NY, NY
Sophia, I had the same problem just like you... :) and techdude really offered some popular choices...

After doing a lot of research on what is the best back case to work with smart cover... (don't want to make the mistake again)... i decided on getting the zum sc ultimate case ... i know.. i haven't heard about this brand also... but heard some good comments in this forum

The best thing I like the case is it has a SMART COVER LOCK that can physically interlocks the back case with the iPad 2 body... all the other cases simply offer a cutout for the smart cover hinge to attach...

I ordered it from amazon ...and its only $19.99... i think its a good deal ...anyway I should get mine later this week... and i will write a full review on it

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=zum+sc+ultimate&x=0&y=0

good luck ;)

----------

also.. check on this video.. then you know what i am talking about....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibT5CEvKoHM

good luck!!

ABCDEFGHIJKLMAO

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2011
New Jersey
you said that you bought your ipad 2 and smart cover last weekend?
then you can still go back to bestbuy and return the smart cover.
i dont think they will charge you for any restocking fee.
after you get refund, you can buy a case that can fully protect your ipad

NewMac01

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2011
you said that you bought your ipad 2 and smart cover last weekend?
then you can still go back to bestbuy and return the smart cover.
i dont think they will charge you for any restocking fee.
after you get refund, you can buy a case that can fully protect your ipad

I know.. but the smart cover packaging is gone... i threw it away...

honney3211

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2011
Sophia, you can go to buy only a ipad 2 smart cover mate, or some ipad 2 Smart Cover + Back back may not spend $50, the Asteria ipad 2 Smart Cover + Back back is not bad.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    424 KB · Views: 92
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.