Just got iphone 4 - app for notifications

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nicole721, May 31, 2011.

1. Nicole721 macrumors newbie

I have an itouch (about 3 years old) and an ipad. But, last time I got a new phone iphone wasn't on Verizon and I got the original Droid. Well this weekend the screen cracked. I had insurance but it was $89 to fix the droid or I could do the early u/g for $200 to the 16GB which I did.
    So far I like it much better then droid. I just miss those notification light indicators. I realize it is simple to just press the home screen and it shows any missed text or calls. But, then to see if you have any email you need to unlock, etc. Again like I said it is simple to do but I'm not sure if that's going to cause the battery to drain. Any apps to have email notification show up when you press the home key like a missed text or call?
    Thanks!

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

1) Get 'Boxcar' and use it now.

2) Pray that iOS 5 comes with a whole new notification system. Boxcar is good, you should get it, but it can't do everything.

3. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Another option is LockInfo. There's a 14-day free trial, and you can still keep using it after that trial for free. However, I hate ads, so I just bought it outright. It's worth every penny of the $8 or so it costs. :D

4. scott99 macrumors 6502a

5. Nicole721 thread starter macrumors newbie

LockedIn is Jailbreak. Looks like an awesome app, but I don't know that I want to do that to my phone yet.

6. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

doo it

(peer presure_ lol)

no really its the best thing you can do to your phone and if you dont like it just restore in intunes and you will be back to normal

biggest thing you need to know about jailbreaking is "IF" you ever have to bring it back to apple for warranty make sure you RESTORE and SET UP AS NEW DEVICE first

other thing thats important is if you do jailbreak dont update to a new firmware when they come out of you will lose the jailbreak

7. mattdo93 macrumors 6502

mattdo93

Also get MobileNotifier (if you're jailbroken)

8. 87am macrumors regular

I've never had to restore when I brought mine in.

9. bizfox macrumors member

For unjailbroken iPhones, I suggest using Pushmail ($5.00 with awesome features) or Boxcar (free). If you do decide to jailbreak, LockInfo (~$8.00 with trial version) or NotifiedPro with OpenNotifier (it was around $3.00 when I bought it last time. The price may have changed now) would be your best options. Good luck!

10. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

interesting you have successfully returned phones that were jailbroken?

11. quadchick10 macrumors member

quadchick10

I use Pushmail. Instead of going into my inbox. The app actually send notifications to my screen and you can customize it the notification. It is just $4.99, but it is worth it!

12. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

I prefer to simply have a little icon in the status bar, so I use open notifier. It also tells you when you have a missed call, text, etc. It is a JB program and is really useful.
    I don't like lockinfo, because if someone hit the home button they could look at what e-mails I received. I don't even have preview on my text messages turned on.