Just got iPhone 4 - need to use 3GS briefly..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ajo, Jul 22, 2010.

1. ajo macrumors 6502

Very happy with the iPhone 4, no complaints from me.

I do however want to use my 3GS briefly. The guy in the O2 shop said that I could turn both phones off and then il be able to turn the 3GS back on and the sim will work... but this dosnt happen.

Is there a way to make this work?

2. iphone1027 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

The way it works here in the states is your 3Gs SIM is "killed" & your IP4 SIM is activated. Therefore the only way to use your 3Gs is to remove the micro SIM from the IP4, put it in an adapter and place the SIM into the 3Gs.

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Put the microsim in an adapter slap it in your 3GS And away you go.

4. ajo thread starter macrumors 6502

Thought that might be the case.

The reason I wanted to do it was ive been having some trouble with my 3GS and I wanted to take it to an apple store for them to look at as im gona pass it on and its still within the 12 months.

Having a dead sim in there im not able to replicate the problem.

5. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

There can only be 1 active SIM that has your number attached to it. Unfortunately the iPhone 4 and 3gs use different size SIM's so that makes it difficult. Your only real option to switch back and forth is to use a microSIM adapter which you can find on ebay for $5 or so.