Just got iPhone 5, Need help!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by RushiPhone, Jul 23, 2013.

1. RushiPhone macrumors newbie

Everyone,

First off I want to thank you for helping me if I don't get the chance to. This is my first time doing this forum thing so again thanks for the help.

So here is my situation, I just got the iPhone 5 yesterday. I had the iPhone 4 before this. I also have a new iPad. So when I got my new phone only my contacts and certain pictures were moved over to my new phone from the old. I don't want any of the apps off of my old phone, the only thing I want is the music. I really don't want individually go through my iTunes library and add certain songs (plus half of my library is on an external hard drive) I just turned the iCloud thing on both phones and my old phone has been backed up to the iCloud. I also saw something about iTunes Match......will that make all of my music go to my new phone......if you have anymore questions that I might have forgot, please ask them, I really just want my music on my new phone.

:apple:Thanks again everyone.

-Rush

2. anaqvi786 macrumors regular

Can't you just backup and restore? you won't lose any data. If you don't want to, just select the "Sync music with this iPhone" button in the music section and whatever else you want. Good luck ;)

3. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

If you bought the songs from iTunes.. all you have to do is redownload them on to your phone using iTunes (via iPhone). Just go to the purchased tab and all your song should be there.

4. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

iTunes Match is a paid service and it allows for all the music in your iTunes library to be available on all of your iDevices.

You would have to allow your iTunes library to be matched to songs already available on the iTunes store. Songs not in the store will be uploaded.