Just got iphone, want 3gs

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wrdabney, Jun 8, 2009.

1. wrdabney macrumors member

I just switched to at & t about 2 weeks ago and now I hear the news about the 3gs. Any ideas on how to get a 3gs without paying the $200. I mean I just payed $200 for an 8g and now this news. I just feel like im getting screwed. Shoulda just waited 2 more weeks. Any help?

2. hefeglass macrumors 6502a

since you are within 30 days...you can just exchange it and pay a hundered or whatever

3. wrdabney thread starter macrumors member

4. AsianChexMix macrumors regular

Walk in the store, explain you want to return it and pre-order the new iPhone 3GS, pay the difference, wait to get it (assuming you aren't doing it the day of launch)

5. wrdabney thread starter macrumors member

so it appears the iphone 3g will now cost $99. I just bought mine two weeks ago for $199. So should I just be able to pay $100 and get the 16g 3gs?

6. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

There may be a restocking fee and a few more bucks in taxes, basically yes.

7. wrdabney thread starter macrumors member

so will i have to return mine right when i go to the store and wait to get a new one? sorry for all the questions i am new to the iphone (lovin it so far)

8. coolwater macrumors 6502a

coolwater

Yes, just go back to the store asap

I am not sure if you'd have to return your current iPhone and spend days without a phone until you get the new 3GS. The store might let you hold on to your current iPhone until you get your new one, or they might give you another used phone to use meantime.

Nonetheless, go back to the store before your 30-day ends.

9. wrdabney thread starter macrumors member

10. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

Actually the OP should return right away. Most people when the say two weeks, it could be as much as 18 or so days. I'd rather return now, than to show up and find out that I'm a day or two outside of the return window.

11. ImNoSuperMan macrumors 65816

ImNoSuperMan

Definitely return ASAP. Unless you want to pay the ridiculous unsubsidized price for the 3GS. Get a cheap phone for the meanwhile.