just got ipod touch how to put videos in itunes

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Ipaqman, Sep 21, 2007.

1. Ipaqman macrumors 6502

hey all,

so i've never put videos on itunes but i wanted to know what program to use to convert my movies so that they will be visible in itunes? oh and i am using a mac.

please let me know.

thanks,
    ipaqman

2. Alexis Machine macrumors newbie

Alexis Machine

3. aristobrat macrumors G4

Handbrake is usually recommended. It can rip and convert most DVDs to a format that looks good on the iPhone/touch.

4. Ipaqman thread starter macrumors 6502

how do i convert .avi files to work with itunes? do u know?

5. ebony macrumors regular

6. Ipaqman thread starter macrumors 6502

is there a free converter out thats very good?

7. Schnebar macrumors 6502

8. cubbie5150 macrumors 6502a

x2...Converted entire season 1 of Heroes..looks pretty good on my touch (week 37 serial #)

9. aristobrat macrumors G4

x3, here. Well worth the $23.32 Author seems to push out updates regularly (i.e. he had support for the last batch of iPods right after the specs were announced), and he's always on his support forums.

10. Mookie442 macrumors newbie

Video in itunes

I've tried everythign to get my mp4 into itunes but it's just not showing up. Dragged it, imported it, nothing. HELP!

11. Alexis Machine macrumors newbie

Alexis Machine

once i got my mpeg-4 videos i wanted i added a folder to iTunes and it showed up. Check to make sure you have the latest version as well. In fact, just last night i got another update notification.

For some reason, when i had the videos there, i had to convert them (again?) to transfer to the touch. Weird.

12. Mookie442 macrumors newbie

No way no how

Tried everyting. Dragging, dropping importing, adding playlists, everything. NAd the file just disappears. .avi, .mp4, m4v. Nada.

THoughts anyone

13. callytee macrumors newbie

Thanks everyone else. Fricking awesome help

14. hagar macrumors 6502a

I always use VideoDrive: it puts all my AVI files right in iTunes. Without the typical conversions. Simply select the videos and VideoDrive searches the web for artwork and descriptions and puts them in iTunes.

It's also possible to convert the videos for iPhone/iPad, and you can use HandBrake for that. Plus you have the advantage of the artwork/descriptions being added. I have set it up completely automatically: as soon as I download a new file :cool:, it's immediately processed by VideoDrive.

At first, I wasn't sure if the user interface would work for me, but as it mostly does its thing in the background, I'm very happy with it.

There are some alternatives too, such as Visualhub and ivi, but I definitely prefer VideoDrive. And it receives frequent updates, so I'm not complaining.

15. pchipchip macrumors regular