Just got it Black 16 G Iphone 3G - AWESOME

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cc999, Jul 18, 2008.

1. cc999 macrumors 6502

Just picked a Black 16 G Iphone 3G a few hours ago. I am a long time Blackberry user. The Iphone 3G blows away my old BB 8830 World Edition! The phone came with the latest version 2.0 (5A347) already installed which leads me to believe this is not a first run product that has been shipping with the older software. It is absolutly perfect, no scratches, lint etc.... Fit is perfect also. I could not be more pleased with my purchase! Just installed AIM and it works perfectly.

I read there was a way to message to a phone using AIM and beating the txt charge. Can some one tell me how to do this?

Thanks
    Charlie C

2. ubersalad macrumors 6502a

Basically you use your AIM client to send messages to +1phonenumber, and they receive it as text message, and respond to you while using AIM client to receive.

3. cc999 thread starter macrumors 6502

Aim

Do you set up new contacts with the +cell number?

4. Macrimonious macrumors member

most of my contacts were pre-existing...i'm in the same boat as you though, just got a 16g black after nearly a three hour wait at the apple store, but this thing is just blowing me away, and i knew what to expect!

my advice, get Pandora from the app store. This will blow you away, if you're into finding new music. Enjoy!!