Just got logic board replaced, 2 weeks later: same problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by wakeborder556, Feb 15, 2014.

1. wakeborder556 macrumors regular

Hi I just got my LB replaced 2 weeks ago, on my early 2012 15" MBP. It was doing crazy graphics w/ horizontal line patterns and kernel panics. It was sent to a service place by my local apple store and cost a little over 300 (no apple care).

That was two weeks ago, yesterday it started to do the same thing over again. Kernel panics and distorted graphics. I have a genius appt for this Monday, but does anyone know why this might be happening again and if there is any short term warranty associated w/ factory repairs that I might be protected by?

Thanks,
    Mitch

2. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

If I am not mistaken, repair work is covered for 90 days. Additionally, if something is wrong with the computer that was caused by the repair, work to repair that is covered as well.

You could have gotten another faulty board. It happens.

Look over the paperwork you should have received, when you picked up your Mac. It will have the details.

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

This is correct.

4. wakeborder556 thread starter macrumors regular

Good news, I thought this to be the case.

Just a bummer I have to mess w/ the whole process again, but the apple store people really seem to make it as painless as possible which is really appreciated.

5. RMXO macrumors 6502a

I had to wait 4 days to get my LCD & LB fixed the first time and the faulty LB added another 4-6 days. Waiting sucks but I can't complain.

6. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Being without one's Mac makes for a long, painful wait.

I recently had my logic board replaced on my 13" And due to bad weather, I had to wait 3 extra days. Good news is my Mac has 10 more months of AppleCare, instead of the standard 90 days.

Hopefully, the OP can get his situation sorted quickly. Apple is great with this customer service, in my opinion.