Just got macbook pro 13inch from 2011, few questions.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gc15, Nov 9, 2012.

1. gc15 macrumors regular

This is my first mac so I'm a little off on some stuff, so can anybody give me some ideas on what i should do first. Only thing i mainly done so far was update iTunes, mail, and the other stock apps. I currently am running mac 10.7.5; should i go ahead and update to mountain lion? Also I haven't really ran into any problems yet either, except when i activated my iCloud account it erased all my contact info on my iPhone, so now I'm forced to restore my iPhone on my old computer because i have yet to sync it to my mac yet. And since i did not update to iOS 6.1 i think, i can't restore it until i download the update first, but the problem is it won't download off of iTunes, i don't know why.

Also another question, whats the best way to get apps and music from my current laptop to the mac? I tried to do home sharing, but for some reason i can't see the library of my old computer on iTunes on the mac, but the old computer can see iTunes for the mac though, which is weird and i don't know how to fix that.

Plus what about iCloud when should you set that up because i don't wanna lose my contact info again once i restore my phone, should i even worry about it? The only thing that i like about iCloud is being able to save my contacts and notes. Plus i gotta deal with the fact that i gotta sync my iPhone and iPad to my mac, whats the best way about this? Thanks for the help, sorry if this is a little long.

2. gc15 thread starter macrumors regular

alrighty, i managed to fix my contact situation, which is good, and i actually was able to do home sharing as well. Only problem i have with home sharing is that my old laptop has 1800 songs on it, and home sharing takes forever to do. Im about to just transfer them the old fashion way with a flash drive.