Just got MBA 11" - Good Idea?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Cattywampus_, May 27, 2011.

1. Cattywampus_ macrumors 6502a

Hi

I Just got myself a Macbook Air 11-inch. So impressed at how small it is. It is the 1.4ghz model. Also amazed at how fast it is considering the spec - the SSD obviously has a huge impact.

Anyway - I think the £880.00 Apple expect for this at retail is unreasonable. I would never have paid this price.

Bearing in mind that there is possibly a refresh of this model just around the corner - can you all tell me whether the price I got this for is a good deal?

I got it off eBay - 3 weeks old - as new condition - £630.00.

Seemed like a good deal to me.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

2. Ach111es macrumors regular

It doesn't honestly even matter at that price, such a steal.

Good for you and enjoy it!

3. fkhan3 macrumors 6502

Nobody really knows when the refresh will happen. You got a great deal, enjoy your new toy :p

4. kwajkat macrumors regular

kwajkat

Just got mine on the 13th and don't regret it. I love this thing. I am, however, going to upgrade the ram to 4GB from 2GB. There have been a couple of times I wish I could have afforded the 1.6 instead of the 1.4 but think the extra ram will take care of things.

This is my first Mac since 1984 so am learning Mac. I will say that it took me two days to learn the basics and the basics of keynote and put a presentation together from scratch in two days. The presentation was on a pc and powerpoint that crashed 7 days before I was to give it. So learning the mac and being able to put the presentation together in 2 days really impressed me. Now if I could just get itunes to be as easy I would be a real happy camper!!

I do not regret getting the mac air 11 when I did. It sure has done everything I wanted and more. I did think anout returning it to get a new one when it comes out but decided I am happy with what I have. Am sure you will love yours as well!

5. brand macrumors 601

brand

How do you plan on doing that?

6. negatv1 macrumors 6502

7. McRCN macrumors regular

8. brand macrumors 601

brand

Exactly the point I was getting at.

9. CHSeifert, May 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2011

CHSeifert macrumors 6502

CHSeifert

I got some news for you - you can't upgrade ram in the MBA :(

10. kwajkat macrumors regular

kwajkat

This old gal was told by Apple support today that I can make an appointment and take it in to an apple store and they will upgrade it. I was surprised because everything else says I can't. Maybe they told me that because today was the last day I could return it and I couldn't make the trip down to the nearest store.:rolleyes:

11. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

I got mine on Monday. Paid $798 for mine! It's pretty god damned awesome! I think $1000 US plus tax is unreasonable for the 64gb one... but take off 200 bucks and it's JUST RIGHT. :)