Just got MBP 15" i7 single ssd or o raid ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jordannicolette, Sep 26, 2010.

1. jordannicolette macrumors newbie

I just order a MBP 15" i7 that i will be using for mostly Photoshop work.
    I was wondering if anyone had any experience with single ssd vs two at 0 raid in regards to photoshop work and or similar apps? If there is very minor speed gains for 0 raid then i was just thinking of single ssd.
    Thoughts?

Thanks!

2. smosse macrumors newbie

sure you will get more speed and more space :)
    I have just ordered a 17" core i7 and i will replace the Hd by a 500 Go Seagate Momentus XT (Hybrid SSD) and a SSD.

3. jordannicolette thread starter macrumors newbie

4. jordannicolette thread starter macrumors newbie

Anyone else have any exprience with one ssd vs two at 0 raid in regaurds to Photoshop. The one owc drive I was looking at rated at 280/mbs. I know I won't get that speed in real world applacations. I'm just wondering if I will notice any real diffence with one vs the other?

5. WardC macrumors 68030

WardC

One SSD should perform just fine, if you go the RAID Route make sure you get RAID-enhanced drives like the OWC Mercury Pro Extreme RRE (RAID-Ready-Enhanced) or the OCZ Vertex 2 Enterprise class SSD drives. RAID 0 with two SSDs will give you double the storage space and double the speed, but I can't think of anything you would need on a portable that can fully take advantage of 500MB/sec drive throughput!