Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

idonotliketostu

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 28, 2008
My MBA is built to order.

On a flat glass table, only 3 feet touch the table. The bottom right is off. Anyone else have this problem?

itommyboy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2009
Titletown USA
My MBA is built to order.

On a flat glass table, only 3 feet touch the table. The bottom right is off. Anyone else have this problem?

Have had it on my 4,1 15" MBP (early 2008) since the day I got it. It has driven me nuts all that time - even to this day. I never bothered to return it, but still wish I did. If it bothers you, ask for a replacement.

idonotliketostu

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 28, 2008
It's not really a "full keyboard". It feels so weird. Compared it to my AL wireless KB, the last row is shrunken! Im surprised non of the reviews i've read said anything about that.

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC
Without question return it and ask for a replacement. No reason why a pice of hardware over $1000 should not be flawless.

Scottsdale

Suspended
Sep 19, 2008
U.S.A.
Apple charges way TOO MUCH to sell us Macs that are not perfect. If it isn't perfect, and I mean PERFECT, take it back and swap it for a new one. You are entitled to it. Do not feel bad about it, and do it right now before you wait too long.

Good luck.

idonotliketostu

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 28, 2008
Man what a hassle, the store probably doesn't have a replacement for my bto and i'll have to wait a week or more going the online route.

First the 3x yellow imac screen (still yellow btw, i gave up) and now this.

itommyboy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2009
Titletown USA
Man what a hassle, the store probably doesn't have a replacement for my bto and i'll have to wait a week or more going the online route.

First the 3x yellow imac screen (still yellow btw, i gave up) and now this.

It is indeed a pain, but will be more of a pain if you don't swap it now. Simply call Apple, explain to them the situation and that you absolutely want a replacement, but also that you absolutely need your laptop while they ship you a new one. They will send you a new one and then have you ship your current bent-book :) back to them on their dime.

Fuchal

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2003
Mine came like this as well from China. Called the Apple Store and they held one for me to exchange. Drove over and exchanged - new one is perfect.

foodle

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2008
Pennsylvania, USA
Before you go to the trouble of replacing it, you might want to give the case a good twist in the right direction to see if this fixes it. There's often only a minor misalignment that can be fixed with the application of a little force.

WardC

macrumors 68030
Oct 17, 2007
Fort Worth, TX
I bought an Apple keyboard (one of the small wired keyboards) from Apple and it came to me warped, it did not sit flat. I haven't returned it (this was over a year ago). I went out and purchased another one that is OK and sits flat just fine. The plastic bottom did not sit flat on my desk and it rocked back and forth. Totally not acceptable from a company like Apple.

Fuchal

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2003
I bought an Apple keyboard (one of the small wired keyboards) from Apple and it came to me warped, it did not sit flat. I haven't returned it (this was over a year ago). I went out and purchased another one that is OK and sits flat just fine. The plastic bottom did not sit flat on my desk and it rocked back and forth. Totally not acceptable from a company like Apple.

Yes, I had this problem with a wireless keyboard that came with an iMac as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.