Just got my 13" MBP! Minor issue? UPDATE

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by PolySciSurfer, Jun 28, 2009.

1. PolySciSurfer macrumors 6502

I have the 9C9E display. Is this a good one? Also, the colors on MacRumors look purple, where on my moms 2.4 Macbook they looked blue. Especially the thread links. What do I do? :confused:

2. PhixionFilms macrumors 6502

I just bought my 13" MBP yesterday. How do you check which screen I have, ill tell you if i have the same one.

3. PolySciSurfer thread starter macrumors 6502

Are you experiencing the same thing? Go to system preferences/display/color/profile/scroll to number 13 and it will show you your display model.

4. spaceboots06 macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

Download a couple profiles and see how they look. You can try mine if you want.
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=729823
    Different screen but possibly the same results.

5. PolySciSurfer thread starter macrumors 6502

How do you insert the downloaded profile? Is it normal for some of the 13" MBP screens to have purple blues? Should I take it back? :confused:

6. PolySciSurfer thread starter macrumors 6502

7. PhixionFilms macrumors 6502

Mine is 9c9E aswell. i think your trippin man. haha, but if it really bothers you, and you think you have a problem, take it to apple, they will swap if something is wrong.

8. aphan macrumors member

I have the same panel and had a problem with the blue/purple. After switching from 1.8 gamma to 2.2, it looked fine.

9. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Colour calibrations differ with each screen. To try out other calibrations, copy and past them in

HD/Library/Colorsync/Profile/Displays

Then go to system prefs/display/colours to pick them

10. bembol macrumors 65816

bembol

What issue?

I just my 13" Pro and I have the 9C9E too.

I changed the Profile to Adobe.

11. PolySciSurfer thread starter macrumors 6502

Wow. Let me tell you what an awful experience buying a 13" MBP has been. First of all, I go a local apple store this morning and purchase a brand new 13" MBP 2.26, with the iPod Nano free after rebate. I then bring it home, un box it, only to see that the screen completely sucks. It's washed out, and all the blue text looks purple. Absolutely absurd for the amount of money I spent. I tried calibrating it, I even tried other peoples calibration profiles and nothing would make the colors look right. I then let my brother return the macbook pro for me because I had a meeting today, and he comes home with a 2.4 Unibody MACBOOK. He spent 100 dollars more on it. I asked him how could this of happened.

He told me they would not return the macbook pro because they could not see the issue I was talking about, and that all the new 13" MBPs would look the same. So they sold him a leftover stock 2.4 unibody Macbook promising a better screen. Well as soon as I heard this I was furious. I went to another Apple store and asked for a replacement, the guy said no problem. I asked him why the other store wouldn't replace it? He said he didn't know. I said wow, are those the kind of irregularities apple prides itself on? Absolutely ridiculous. I told him I didn't want to play the screen lottery, and returned everything. I'm done.

I'll make my purchase in a couple months, maybe then they will have it together. :mad:

12. spaceboots06 macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

What the hell.

Anyway, the uMBs didn't have bad screens. They had 60% less gamut than the uMBPs which made them look "normal". After calibrating my new one though I still see blue purples but not nearly as much as when I first got this notebook. Now the blues look more blue than purple.

13. iAlexG macrumors 6502

iAlexG

I got my first mac last week. 13 Macbook Pro. And there is nothing wrong with the screen. I don't know what you guys are talking about. The guy at the apple store was obviously wrong

14. PolySciSurfer thread starter macrumors 6502

What screen did you get?