Just got my 2011 ultimate 13"

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by jackwins, Jan 6, 2012.

1. jackwins macrumors regular

I sold my white macbook to my sister and I ordered a 2011 ultimate 13" Air from MacMall. It arrived yesterday (along with my wife's 13" MBP) and I am over the moon. I am so worried about it getting scratched up. Has anyone used the Powersupport Air Jacket? Do you like it? I think it would be great protection when used with a bookbook from 12south.

Any ideas?

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I have the same MBA I put it in an all round speck clear case on day 1. The case has a few scuffs on it, but my MBA remains pristine. It's a good idea to take it out of the case every once in a while and give it a wipe with an anti staid cloth.

Same for my MBP a couple of case scuffs but my Pro is as new.

3. jeffg819 macrumors regular

I put Ghost Armor on mine. They sell a matte version that does not detract from the look of the aluminum but provides all over protection.

4. Halon X macrumors regular

I've been going naked on all my Mac laptops for the last 6 or 7 years and the latest ones are by far the most durable. I throw my air in my bag a couple times a day and it's in there with all kinds of other things. I've yet to have any major scratching to it and most of the laptops before it unless I did something stupid. I've never had any problem with resell.

My advice is to not worry about it. It'll cover up the aesthetics of the laptop and only make it thicker!