just got my 3GS, noise question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SchneiderMan, Jul 22, 2009.

1. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Does you 3gs or 3g make a noise when you set it on a desk or table? mine makes a sound like something is loose? i tried holding all the silver buttons and it still makes noise. is something wrong? thanks

2. megamanbnmaster macrumors 6502

Is it on silent? There has been many complaints about the silent switch being a lil bit loose.

3. salesguy macrumors regular

4. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

5. SchneiderMan thread starter macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

no only when a set it down. when i shake it, it doesnt make that noise.
    it makes noise on silent and not on silent, i put my finger on the silent button and set the phone down and it still makes noise :(

6. SchneiderMan thread starter macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

7. astonecold83 macrumors member

I have same noise...sounds lime a rattle somewhere around the apple logo and the camera. I have read on this forum that It could be the auto focus camera lense which could be true. Also, this is my 3rd 3GS and the previous ones had the same rattle so I started to live with it.

8. tilmonabbott macrumors regular

tilmonabbott

in all honesty i have it too on mine and it could definitely be the auto focus lense. I dont see whats wrong with it if it rattles a little bit though. Its not like its the worst thing in the world. Its a phone its not gonna be perfect forever. Don't be OCD over something as simple as a little rattle. If your car makes a slight rattle going over a bump after driving it 60,000 miles do you take it back to the dealer and tell them you want a new one? No, so just enjoy what you have, you'll all get a new one next june or july just like i plan on doing and then you'll have something new to complain about. Maybe rather than the screen being too yellow it'll be too blue, and rather than having the 15 MP camera it'll only have a 5 MP camera instead. Try to return it, but if you don't get a new one then just relax about it. It's not as big of a deal as you think