Just got my 4S - Which Camera App is a Must.

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by fins831, Oct 25, 2011.

1. fins831 macrumors 6502a

I have heard nothing but great things about Camera + and all the things that it allows you to do that the native app doesn't. That's all well and good. My real question is whats the difference between Camera+ and Instagram besides one is free and once costs money.

Through a quick glance, they both offer effects, editing, filters etc...which is all well and good. I am very amateur, in fact the camera in my phone is prob the best camera I have ever owned, but when I share a photo, I want it to look decent...

With instagram, is every picture I use/edit automatically uploaded to their wesbsite? Can I save the edited pictures to my phone or is it saved to the app/instagram site? Just curious...since I know its a social networking thing, was curious if I could just use the app for its editing and filters and not upload em...

So, overall consensus....Camera+ or Instagram? Or is there some amazing app that I don't know about...still new to the whole camera in my pocket thing lol.

2. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

Camera+ for editing.
    Instagram for the social side and sharing.

With Instagram, you have the option to share your photos with other Instagram users and have it post to your Facebook profile. The edited photos are saved to the 'Camera Roll' outside of the app too.

3. fins831 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Can't I just edit in camera+ and upload to facebook through the facebook app? Trying to understand what instagram offers that camera+ doesn't, or if they just upload it for you as well as to their own site for traffic.

by the way, thanks for the quick reply.

4. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

Camera+ offers more in the way of editing options, but Instagram is built around quick edits and sharing. You don't need both, no.

You can easily edit in Camera+ and then upload to Facebook/Tweet/Email the photo.

5. fins831 thread starter macrumors 6502a