Just Got my 8gb Refurbished Touch Today

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Andrew K., Jul 31, 2008.

1. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

So My iPod Video 5 gen has been acting up, But I have had it in my truck hooked up to the stereo 24/7 with hot weather all day and night, so I'm surprised it didn't completely crap out. Anyway I think it just needed new battery but I bought a refurbed iPod Touch for $199. I had the money from selling my old stuff on eBay so it was basically free :D. I know iPods are being refreshed in mid September but I wanted a touch now because I won't get the new one in 32gb until christmas! I think thats well justified :D but just one question, I think I have a bit of a negative black issue. Its hardly noticeable, meaning the black levels in movies have a small reflective look and I can only really tell when comparing to my iPhone 3G. Should I exchange it? , will it get worse? And could the Griffin screen protector I put on have caused the small change in black levels?

All in All I got a PERFECT looking touch no scratches or anything so the black levels maybe fine til christmas :cool: tell me what you think

2. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

the negative black shouldn't be there firmware 1.1.2 (I think) was suppose to be the fiwmare to fix this issue.

if the negative is annoying you theres no harm in taking it in and askin a genius to look it over

3. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

I've actually heard that in many cases in the early Touch with the negative black issue it was related to misapplication of the anti-reflective coating so that no firmware fix could totally repair it.

That said, Apple replaced a lot of them with persistently bad screens and I highly doubt they would sell one of the affected units as a refurb.

4. Andrew K. thread starter macrumors 65816

Yeah I think your right the black is a little reflective but maybe I see it because my iPhone 3G screen is more WARM looking , which I like :) but I like them both so thanx for explaining