Just got my Apple Leather Case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by AWDV8TT, Sep 16, 2014.

1. AWDV8TT, Sep 16, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2014

AWDV8TT macrumors member

Apologize for the video quality etc. Just wanted to get some detailed video of the Midnight Blue and the Olive Brown. Also tossed in my iPhone 5/5s black leather case for comparison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUE1SosA8jQ

Here's a pic

Attached Files:

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      File size:
      907.2 KB
      Views:
  2. CasuallyDressed macrumors 6502

CasuallyDressed

3. AWDV8TT thread starter macrumors member

Feels a tad more flimsy than my i5 leather case. BUT my hunch is they're shooting for an even more streamlined case. Time will tell if it's still as durable.

Also, my i5 case is about a year old now. It has that soft leather feel. The new i6 cases don't have that same supple feeling, but that could be due to age.

The micro suede or whatever is on the inside looks/feels awesome. Entire case def smells of leather too.

4. Dino F macrumors 68030

Dino F

...looks quite nice - you've gone for the same colour which I am toying with (midnight blue, which would look awsome with the space grey iPhone 6 and my blue themed wallpaper!!).

The only thing holding me back is the open cut out at the bottom - I would have preferred the case to have been fully closed, like the Apple leather case for the iPhone 5!

5. AWDV8TT thread starter macrumors member

Agree about the bottom. I was nervous that the midnight blue would be too light. It's not. Same went for the olive brown. Was hoping it wouldn't be too "olive".

The midnight blue will be going on my silver while the olive brown on my wife's gold.

6. Kisey macrumors 6502a

They probably left the bottom completely open to avoid this:
    [​IMG]

7. Brenster macrumors 6502a

Only reason I never went for an official case for my 5. My wife got one, she doesn't use headphones with hers or for music at all for that a matter. I have a pair of Bose QC20i plugged into mine for music. Whilst they just about fit with the Apple case of it would clearly have stressed and then split above the hole for the jack as per the pic. Hoping the 6 case has a little more clearance.

8. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

Got my 6 black leather case. Nice and thin. Doesn't add much to the thinness of the phone. I had one for my 5s and it seemed like that one smelled of leather more than this one. I actually checked the box to make sure they hadn't sent the plastic one. The inside back is a smooth felt like material. Very nice. Of course it isn't worth the cost, but in for a penny in for a pound.

9. tshank macrumors member

Omg. I hade to take mine back 3 times. At least they covered it under warranty

10. My Name is URL macrumors 6502

I went for the blue and glad I did, looks nice.

11. DerekDock macrumors member

DerekDock

Nice. I am interested in either the Brown or Black for my space grey 6. Have some cheaper plastic ones for launch and will probably go in store to see which one of these I like more. Please share some feedback on fit once you receive your phone.

12. Dormammu, Sep 16, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2014

Dormammu macrumors 65816

Dormammu

A mysterious location in the middle of nowhere
    I've ordered the exact same color cases for the two iPhones coming in on Friday. Cases are due to arrive here at the same time as the phones. Thanks for the video -I'm excited.

13. Raffi macrumors 6502a

Raffi

For $20 looks good but for $49 it looks really cheap.

14. paulie6978 macrumors 6502a

paulie6978

15. Bearxor macrumors 6502a

I'm actually very happy about the open bottom. I have a case I love but it's open on the top and bottom. I often wish the top were covered. But I like the bottom being open to make it easier to use some music docks and stuff.

16. iggypod macrumors 6502a

iggypod

I'm glad the bottom is open. That blue looks so nice. It also looks thinner than I was anticipating it to be. Thanks for sharing OP!

17. coolnwo macrumors member

Be careful mine scratched very easily just pulling it out of the packaging because of how sharp the plastic it comes in is. I pulled it out and thought it had came like that not thinking that it was scratch that easy just pulling it out.

This is going back within the next 30 days or might consider just exchanging it depending on how it holds up.

I got the Blue

18. AWDV8TT thread starter macrumors member

I did the SAME thing on the olive brown. Just a faint scrape down the left side because of the plastic. I was bummed out about that and was thinking the same as you. Maybe see how the silicone cases are on Friday.

19. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

They are going to scratch a little. It's the nature of leather. Just enjoy the smell, feel and texture of the case.

20. TheSacredSoul macrumors 6502a

The protruding cameras are there so Apple can sell more cases.

21. MrGimper macrumors 603

MrGimper

I have the 5 case and love it. However I have a hatred for cases that leave the bottom and/or top open so went for something else. Was actually gutted when I saw the bottom was open as I love my iPhone 5s Apple case :-(

22. Dino F macrumors 68030

Dino F

...agreed - the case looks awsome (as does the iPhone 5 one) however I think I am gonna give it a miss purley for this reason!

:(

23. twylie macrumors newbie

just received the brown and red leather cases. Very thin and seem to be well made. Looks to be ~1mm thinner than the Spigen Slim Armor on my 5.

24. UKPoliticsGuy macrumors regular

Toying with if I should red, brown or blue! Ordered the 6+ silver.

Any suggestions?!

25. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

I would choose either red or blue against the silver. red if you want to be a little bright, blue if you want to be subtle.