Just Got My Bonus Check.......

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by fighterinsnatch, Jun 2, 2010.

1. fighterinsnatch macrumors newbie

and I'm in the market for a new computer.

I'm looking at either the Imac 21.5" or the Macbook Pro.

I'm mainly going to be using the computer for music management, browsing internet, data management, and some photo editing.

Also, what are the best promotions going on right now? I have a AMEX card and have heard if you purchase a mac with the card they extend the warranty by a year. Anyone have any success with this?

Thanks,
    Ryan

2. OzExige macrumors 6502

OzExige

Forget the computer 'choice' Ryan - take the money to Vegas - put it all on 12 RED - then buy both! :D

Seriously - DON'T BUY EITHER - have another look at MacRumor's Buyer's Guide - AND WAIT FOR JUNE 7th - like the rest of us :apple:

3. fighterinsnatch thread starter macrumors newbie

LOL!

I read that guide and saw that the latest Macbook Pro was just released. I also saw that the latest Imac was released in October 2009.

What are you guys expecting besides the new iphone?????

4. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

The iMac may be updated, but the MBP won't be changed. So if you are leaning towards the MBP, go for it, of if you are looking at the iMac, definitely wait.

5. The Final Cut macrumors 6502

macbook air, imac, mac pro, mac mini... are all very much due for an update (or funeral for air/mini)

6. machk macrumors newbie

I can't wait to buy my first iMac, but I afraid the update will come after the BTC.

7. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

Lawl. Don't buy the mbp...why...it just got updated -_-

8. oplix macrumors 65816

oplix

mac pro, imac, and macbook air all have about a 80% chance of being refreshed. Wait till june 7th if you are interested in and of the three.

9. Surely Guest

Surely

For your purposes, either machine will be more than enough. You'll get more bang for your buck with the iMac though.

10. MortalDays macrumors regular

I am tired of waiting to get mine. I say FORGET about WWDC '10 if you are getting a MBP since there shouldn't be any update to MBP anyways... since they already did in April.

No matter rain or shine, I am SOOOOOO getting my MBP tomorrow morning @ 10am sharp. :D