Just got my brand new first ever iMac!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by serialtoon, Sep 8, 2009.

1. serialtoon macrumors 6502a

serialtoon

Hey guys! After getting an iPhone 3 months ago im proud to say that i have finally taken the jump and im in the Mac OSX crowd. I just came home with my brand new iMac. 24" with 2.66Ghz processor. I have never owned Apple anything and this is my first time getting to know the OSX world. So far i only have one question. What is a toast image file? How can i mount it? I have some things i need to take from an image i downloaded (Android OS). Thanks!

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    A toast image file would have to be opened in toast I believe. :) What is the extension?

Any pics of the new iMac?

3. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Woahser, nice.. congrats on your new Apple machine.

Looks like a lot of people are switching over to Mac because of the iPhone it seems. They just love that cool environment that both have.

4. serialtoon thread starter macrumors 6502a

serialtoon

The extension is .toast. :-D Pics are coming as soon as i find out how to mount my iPhone onto the mac...lol I dont want it to manage my music or anything but i wanna remove pics off the camera roll, as well as video.

I wouldnt say i "switched" more like just want another environment for me to work on. So far i have a Windows box, Linux Box and OSX Box. :D

5. farmermac macrumors 6502a

Absolutely. I got a iphone 3g last year before Christmas. Ended up buying a 3gs when they came out, a 24" iMac last month and just yesterday ordered a mbp. I'm defnitely one of those converts and not looking back.

6. Pur3 Macs macrumors member

Sorry to day but no you don't actually require toast. Just right click the .toast file and open with 'Disk Utility' then burn to a blank disc and your done:D