Just got my brand new macbook need help

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ddollar, Dec 25, 2007.

1. ddollar macrumors member

ddollar

Got a brand new blackbook for christmas 2gbs of ram, this is my first mac so i am having some problems. How can i take all of my music from my iphone and dump it on to the mac? Also what programs should i download that everyone with a mac should have and finally how do i enable the double scroll thing lol i am so lost right now.

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

1. I don't know if you can.
    2. Look at [guide]List of Mac Software[/guide] or [guide]Mac Beginners Guide[/guide]
    3. System Preferences==>Keyboard and Mouse==>Trackpad

3. nikhsub1 macrumors 68000

nikhsub1

You can't get the music off your iphone and onto a different computer. I assume you had itunes on your old PC? If so, you need to take the itunes library from the PC and bring it onto the mac. Then from itunes import the songs you copied over.

4. mavherzog macrumors 6502

5. heatmiser macrumors 68020

Since the iPhone logs onto iTunes the way every other iPod does, you should be able to use any of the regular programs (Senuti, et al) to rip the music :^)

6. ddollar thread starter macrumors member

ddollar

i downloaded Senuti but for some reason it doesnt read the iphone. But the biggest problem i am having is with wifi for some reason my macbook wont connect through my wireless internet every pc in the house works fine even the iphone i just cant figure it out any ideas?

7. ajchapinjr.com macrumors member

Is it finding the wireless network (when you click on the bars on your top bar, is there a network name?)?

Is it an error when you click on that name to connect?

...specifics?

8. jeff3221 macrumors regular

I use music rescue... it works great but for the free version it asks you to register every 50 songs. It still works perfectly though!

9. djforge macrumors newbie

for the wifi issue, you may need to adjust what channel the router is broadcasting on. I used to have the same problem on my network as well. Change it to channel 11.

10. ddollar thread starter macrumors member

ddollar

it will find and connect to my neighbors router but not mine, earlier in the day it would detect mine but not connect. All of the PCs and my iphone in the house connect no problem, also i installed bootcamp doesnt work through their either

11. ddollar thread starter macrumors member

ddollar

any ideas? guys seemed like i have tried all i could

12. Surely Guest

Surely

maybe there is another wireless device interfering with the wifi signal? My cordless phone interferes with my wifi signal when someone is using it, and I have to hardwire my internet connection until they are off the phone. I'm picking up some new phones today during the Boxing Day sales to solve that problem.

Try disconnecting your router and powering it back up again. It could be a channel issue as mentioned above, but maybe the router just needs to be reset so it will play nice.

In terms of your iTunes library, were you able to solve that one?

For some software, check out: www.bestmacsoftware.org, www.osx.hyperjeff.net/Apps, www.osx.iusethis.com, www.pimpmysafari.com, http://www.apple.com/downloads/dashboard/, www.versiontracker.com/macosx, and www.leopardtricks.com

Obviously, there are many more sites you can check out too.

Hope that helps....

13. ddollar thread starter macrumors member

ddollar

yeah when i called apple they said it might be my phone so i disconnected it now it will pick up my network but it wont connect again its says either connection timed out or failed