Just got my first case in. Holy crap the 6+ is huge.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mellofello, Sep 17, 2014.

1. mellofello macrumors 65816

[​IMG]

Left spigen neo hybrid for 6+ right no name case for my note 3.

I don't know how I feel about this. My note 3 was already borderline, obnoxiously big. Adding another 1/4 inch in length may be pushing it into crazy town.

The note 3 juuuuuust fits into a lot of my pants. I know now that there are at least 2 pairs of shorts that this won't fit into, and that is a bummer.

I really wish they would have shaved off that top bezel. I can understand keeping the bottom, but why does the top have to be so huge? Is it some stupid hyperbolic design symmetry that made ive scale the bezels up?

Still going to keep the phone but I am a bit perturbed that they didn't find a better way to execute this more ergonomically.

2. RByers8252 macrumors regular

It's been posted since the 9th that the 6 plus is taller than the note.

3. Zwhaler macrumors 604

Zwhaler

Yeah with a case the phone is large! I got to play around with one and didn't have trouble getting it in my pocket, sitting, etc. It had no case. Definitely is taller than I wish it was, but hey I'm probably getting a Note 4 :D

4. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

This has been known since the day of the announcement (that it's taller than the note). The fact that you purchased and weren't aware of its size until a day before release (and proceed to complain) speaks volumes about your intelligence.

5. mellofello thread starter macrumors 65816

Its one thing to read it and another to have it tangibly in your hands. I need the screen size, and I want to come back to ios, there is no good reason that this thing needs to be this tall.

6. kokonutz macrumors member

Not really. Drawing conclusions based on so little says something about you though...

7. EW800 macrumors 6502

I have received my 6+ case as well. I put it next to my iPhone 5 case and my jaw dropped!

8. Lloydbm41 macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

This is going to be a common reaction when people get this phone in their hands. It will also be a big reason for most of the 6+ returns.

9. techiebug macrumors 6502a

10. Batman89 macrumors 6502

I actually applaud this.

11. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

Same here. Big iPhone FTW!

12. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Yep my friend is already freaked out when he got his case and will be returning his plus as soon as he gets it. I even cut a piece of cardboard out so he could see before he ordered.

13. jk4lebron23 macrumors 65816

jk4lebron23

Usually I hate these comments but I have to admit I chuckled

14. macher macrumors 65816

macher

Yea my wife has a Note 3 and when I did spec comparison the 6+ is .25 inches longer. Pretty much same width and thickness. If the 6+ was the same length I would have jumped on it. The 6+ isn't pocketable.

15. jk4lebron23 macrumors 65816

jk4lebron23

Correction: isn't pocketable for you.
    Just because it doesn't fit your pocket doesn't mean it will not fit anyone else's.
    Don't speak for everyone.

16. woodekm macrumors 65816

woodekm

Ahhh.....Another person buying something because they think it's "the elite model" then finding out they will hate the size.

Now you know why it's so hard to get a 6plus. There will be loads of "elite models" returned because of this.

And they may find out replacements aren't available when they go to trade in. My suggestion.....deal with your "elite model". It will make you look cool.

17. mellofello thread starter macrumors 65816

Wow tough crowd. I am going to assume that the general consensus on launch day will be wow I love the screen, man hate the bezels. My thread is just ahead of the curve.

Apple has enough money to buy a country cash, and had 2 years to refine this. If they were going to follow Samsung they should have shown them how its done, as opposed to releasing a phone the size of a DVR remote control.

I will put up with the size but with years of phones paving the path to this, you would think they would have spent some more time making it a mobile device.

To each there own