Just got my first iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Artofilm, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Artofilm macrumors 6502a

Artofilm

Hey everyone!
    I just got my first iPhone yesterday!

I've been using an iPod touch and a crappy LG chocolate for the last year and a bit and the LG finally died. I decided to switch companies because just having the iPod touch showed my how awesome the iPhone could be.

I love this thing, it feels weird to only have to carry 1 item in my pocket where there used to be 2!

2. gjw4u macrumors 6502

Hi Artofilm

I lost my iPod a few months ago, and as my cellphone had also reached its end of life, I went out an got an iPhone to replace the two devices. I'm really happy with my iPhone and like all the apps I can download via iTunes.
    Enjoy your new iPhone.

3. Artofilm thread starter macrumors 6502a

Artofilm

Yah its pretty awesome, especially the fact that it eliminates the need for extra junk in your pockets.

4. nfl46 macrumors 603

Welcome to the forum! And congrats on your iPhone. To make the best out of your iPhone, jailbreak it. :apple:

5. andreab35 macrumors 6502a

andreab35

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

Congrats on your new iPhone!
    You'll love it everyday you use it. :)

6. Maguire macrumors member

Congrats! I have had mine for about three weeks now and I love it more each and every day!:apple:

7. gnortenjones macrumors regular

I just bought mine last weekend to have while traveling for the holidays. I had been putting it off for quite a while, but decided to just pull the trigger.

So far I'm loving it.

8. Artofilm thread starter macrumors 6502a

Artofilm

Who are you welcoming to the forum, me or gjw4u?
    If it was me you were welcoming, I've been a member here for about 3 years now, but thanks either way!

The iPhone is sweet, I didn't know how much better than an iPod touch it would be but it is already soo much better!

The GPS was a real seller on it too, I love it.

9. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Congrats to the OP! You'll love it more and more - great factor is because of the applications available on the App store :D

10. Artofilm thread starter macrumors 6502a

Artofilm

Yah the apps are sweet!
    I'm using it quite a bit as a portable gaming device. I used it much more than my PSP!

Rolando, Hero of Sparta, Asphalt, Fast and the Furious, Snail Mail... All sweet games!!:D

11. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Precisely! It's becoming my "handy console" for mine. 2 Racing games, 2 RPGs, 2 online games, 1 City simulation and lastly a tower defence game. All paid.

Not to mention the apps that I bought for utilities and many other purposes - there's just tons of app out there but a handful of really good ones. By far the app store will deliver quite a twist for your iPhone.

Don't forget to get a case/skin(your preference) for your iPhone though ;)

12. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

That Jobs sure is sneaky. He knew exactly what he was doing when he said: "The iPod touch is like training wheels for iPhone", or words to that effect.
    That's how he got me, and no doubt countless others. :D

13. iObama macrumors 6502

iObama

Congrats and welcome! I have a 2G iPhone and love it, so I can only imagine how much you love your 3G!

14. Dmac77 macrumors 68020

Dmac77

I know that I shouldn't have done this. But I found a iPhone 3G gift card in my Mom's nightstand today. So I'll be getting my iPhone on Friday.

Don

15. Ish macrumors 68000

Ish

Maybe someone gave it to her for Christmas. Lucky Mom!

16. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

That's messed-up Don!!! Reminds me of the time I was in the garage looking for my old baseball glove and I found a new bike lock still in the wrapper in the tool cabinet with my name on it...:eek:

Congrats to both the OP and Don :p

17. Dmac77 macrumors 68020

Dmac77

She hates all things Apple. She hates my iMac, and loves her crappy VIAO running XP that got her identity stolen last year. It's for me and I can't wait!

Don

18. Ish macrumors 68000

Ish

Lucky you then! . . . and remember to be surprised!!:)

19. Dmac77 macrumors 68020

Dmac77

I also know that I'm getting Fleetwood Mac tickets, and a new stereo system (I know, I'm spoiled). I know about the tickets because I found them in the mail, the stereo, because I have a friend who works at best buy (he called me after he helped my Mom pick out the various components. I'm an expert when it comes to acting surprised.

But hey, I've been saving up for a year, and I got her a ring that she has been eyeing, so I'm a good person, and not a spoiled little brat rich white boy.

Don

20. Robby9279 macrumors regular

That is so reassuring, I'm expecting my iPhone to come in the mail today or tomorrow and have become skeptical for some reason and I'm not sure why. I thought that the iPhone may have been a waste of cash because I already have the touch.

21. BornToMac macrumors 6502a

BornToMac

You know that the gift card is for your dad! I too am getting an iphone for Christmas, but I think I am going to wait to go get it until Macworld (if I can!). It's two weeks later, and there is the off chance that they will introduce a 32Gb and hopefully drop the price of the 16Gb. Gotta love the Apple game.