Just got my first iPhone.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DEdwards2204, Jun 26, 2009.

1. DEdwards2204 macrumors member

DEdwards2204

I got my 3GS finally. No warm screen, no rattling when in vibrate that is noticeable over an inch away from my ear, the compass works fine, and no cracks on the plastic. Only thing bad is that there is a small scratch on the bottom right corner that was made when the clerk activated my phone. (I was worried I wouldn't be able to use iTunes to activate, so I let them do it...)

Anything else I should check for before my window of opportunity to get a new one is closed? Any great Apps I should download? (Paid Apps will wait until the Jailbreak is out.)

2. superxero3 macrumors regular

Awesome! you will love this thing, it is the greatest phone! Glad to hear there are no real big problems with your phone!
    You will get over that real real quick, and it's nice to know that your phone activated with no problem!

Just make sure there are no big cosmetic defects, make sure the silent switch, volume buttons, and power button are snug on there and don't feel loose, other than that you said everything else was fine.

Facebook, AIM, Shazam, the standard stuff.

I'm sorry you think that way.

3. DEdwards2204 thread starter macrumors member

DEdwards2204

Ha, thanks. I've already got a lot of Apps since I had an iPod Touch, but I didn't get any that would run off WiFi since I'm never near an access point out of my house.

4. ChrisN macrumors 65816

ChrisN

Since you already had an iPod Touch then you should have all the apps but still congrats on the iPhone and hope you love it and the speediness of the device.

ChrisN

5. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

Looks like youll never go back, welcome to the dark side.

6. DEdwards2204 thread starter macrumors member

DEdwards2204

I didn't bother with anything that needed WiFi to function properly.

7. TerribleTuesday macrumors newbie

8. bruzer macrumors newbie

I too just joined the 'dark side' from verizon and couldn't be happier with my White 32 gig 3gs baby (or AT&T, fingers crossed it stays that way). I did have one question though involving the earpiece volume (the speaker in the screen). Has anyone else found that the earpiece volume is a bit low even when turned all the way up? It's fine for 90% of the conversations I have, but working at the airport, when outside and a jet is taxiing by, I can't turn up the volume any more (since it's already at max). It seems like every other cell phone I had, I could crank the volume up loud enough in these situations. As I said, it's fine in most situations, just don't want to set up a genious appt. if it's an iphoneism or an AT&T thing.

Ps- did check all the usual culprits: factory film is removed, volume is infact all the way up, my hearing is fine, earpiece is over my earhole, etc.

9. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

Ive always thought that about the speaker being low, it was like that on my 3g and maybe a tad bit better on the 3gS.

10. Nocaster macrumors regular

Did you check Settings > iPod > Volume Limit?

11. bruzer macrumors newbie

I do have the volume limit down a bit, but would that affect the volume of a call coming out of the earpiece. I thought that just adjusted the iPod music volume for the external speaker or headphones if attached. The external speaker volume is fine when playing music, just the earpiece volume seems a bit low when on a call or listening to a voice memo.

12. coolwater macrumors 6502a

coolwater

Congrats. Still up playing with your 1st iPhone? :D

Find anything interesting?

13. DEdwards2204 thread starter macrumors member

DEdwards2204

It's not really that new to me. I've been texting twice as much though, because my last phone was a P.O.S. that didn't even have all the buttons fully functional. That and I've got unlimited texting now that I don't even need it. With all these Apps for IM's and free text messages, there isn't really a use for normal texting. Oh well, I'm on my sisters plan and she is too stupid to notice the dozens of Apps for texting.