Just got my first Mac...issues with MBP 13 mid-2009

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 1creator, Oct 24, 2009.

1. 1creator macrumors member

Loving the mac so far and think the screen is great. Few problems I've noticed since i got it yesterday.

Specs: MBP 13 2.26 GHz 4GB ram 160GB Harddisk

1) 1 of the rubber legs at the bottom isn't touching the table top so it's a bit unstable which really annoys me. Made an appointment, how long do you think it will take for them to fix it? will i need to leave my mac? Is this common?

2) Full charge capacity (mAh) is 5187, a friend with a MBP 15 mid 2009 said he has 68xx mAh. Should they be the same, or does the 15inch have a bigger capacity?

3) From where I took off the plastic sealer when i first got the mac there was some glue residue that I wiped off only to see remains left on the alum. body. Look like dark grey bubbles that i couldn't remove. Anyone get this? How can I remove it without damaging alum body?

4) When I dragged all my photos into iPhoto ( 5.23 GB ) it caused the fans to get really really loud. they weren't running before I started the transfer and i only had safari and iTunes open besides iPhoto. Is this normal?

Besides those, is there anything that might be a common issue that I should mention at the appointment tomorrow for them to check out?

2. Frosties macrumors 6502a

Frosties

Double check that it's not the unibody casing that is bent. That has happened to more than a few. Easy solution is to send in for an exchange, Not repair. If it's only the rubber then perhaps repair would be an option.

Addendum. Yes, big file transfers makes the fans spin up. Be it a laptop with windows or os x.

3. 1creator thread starter macrumors member

That scares me. I'm not really sure what the difference between the two is.

4. Frosties macrumors 6502a

Frosties

two options. (or three)

1. the rubber foot is not situated right => wobbles on table
    2. the metal casing is bent from manufacturing default. Wobbles on table even if the feet are right positioned.
    3. table is not perfect flat. try another table.

5. 1creator thread starter macrumors member

Turns out the table i mainly used the Mac with was a little bent in the middle causing the wobble. That's a relief! Thanks for the tips

6. melman101 macrumors 68030

Your battery is fine. Mine 13" mbp runs in the 50xx and 51xx range. I'm sure the 15" has a bigger battery due to its screen and such.

Seems like your machine is perfect :)

7. Captain Planet macrumors 6502a

Captain Planet

I think we're all a bit paranoid when we first receive our MacBook Pros... or any Mac for that matter. :p