Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eallan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 12, 2007
If everything else about it is fine, then deciding to keep it could be much less hassle than returning and so on. I had a similar issue, and I decided it was minor enough to correct with:

http://www.radtech.us/Products/Wildeepz.aspx

I've never noticed any gap since, and while I now have six small rubbery dots around my screen it turns out that I don't notice them either.

It's possible that returning it could have given me a flawless machine, but it's also possible that I a new machine could have had a dead pixel or two which I consider harder to ignore.

DG
Good stuff man! I'll see if it bugs me bad enough.

Are they serious with the 12 bucks though? hahah

Thanks for the help. i could use these on my HP too :)

It's a shame to put them on the pretty MBP so i might just deal with it.

Sucks about that 17" doing it. I saw some at the store that were just nasty.

majordude

macrumors 68020
Apr 28, 2007
Hootersville
....that description just made my day. :D But I too use a cloth with my macbook and eventually my macbook pro:).

Yeah, I had this super-tiny Sony VAIO and found a thin microfiber towel (thin like a handkerchief) at Staples one day. I used that as protection. They stopped carrying that size now.

Looking at my 17" MBP, I bet two of those VAIOs (rotated 90 degrees) could have fit within the area of my keyboard.

So, thinking out loud, I guess I'd need Staples to come out with a microfiber beach towel to fit over the entire keyboard of my 17-incher! ;)

Until then, I'm babying the Trojan foam!

D.G.

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2006
So, thinking out loud, I guess I'd need Staples to come out with a microfiber beach towel to fit over the entire keyboard of my 17-incher! ;)

Actually radtech has something for that too: http://www.radtech.us/Products/NotebookScreensavrz.aspx

It's a little thicker than you described, but works well for me.

(I guess I should say: I've no connection with them, other than buying those two products, and the microfiber sleeve, for my MBP. Honest!)

DG

majordude

macrumors 68020
Apr 28, 2007
Hootersville
Actually radtech has something for that too...

Hey! That might be the ticket! Looks like something I could use!

(I guess I should say: I've no connection with them, other than buying those two products, and the microfiber sleeve, for my MBP. Honest!)

Right...
:rolleyes:

Everyone knows that DG is shorthand for none other than DG Radtech :eek:, microfiber tycoon, swimsuit model and alleged Vista advocate. One step ahead of the law and one step closer to our hearts.

This Sunday, only on NBC.

majordude

macrumors 68020
Apr 28, 2007
Hootersville
I was going to go for a microfiber speedo joke, but looking at google it appears that they might really exist (no, not at radtech). :p

I'll take your word for it. All I need is for someone to examine my logs and discover I was searching for pictures of men in microfiber Speedos to really set the alarms off.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.