Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bern1812

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 1, 2008
I just got my very first Mac yesterday. 2.4 Macbook Pro with 200GB harddrive. Ive been waiting to switch to mac for a while and im so happy i did. Its taking a little getting used to, but that is to be expected. As far as ive been able to tell its pretty much perfect, the screen looks amazing and makes my old dell xps laptop look like it wasnt backlit at all! It sure is a sexy machine.

Any advice for a new member of the apple family?

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Congrats and welcome to the community!

Advice? Ask questions...

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

richard.mac

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2007
51.50024, -0.12662
welcome and congrats on the new Mac! you got an awesome Mac there… probably more speedy than some of the PC desktops out there!

have a look at the guides at guides.macrumors.com, the tricks and tips sticky at the top of the Mac OS X forum and the applications sticky and the top of the Mac Applications thread for useful apps.

dont hesitate to ask anything.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Welcome and congratulation!

Don't follow into the rumors and don't feel bad when a new machine comes out. ;)

Snowbound

macrumors regular
May 19, 2008
Oh the inevitable "man a new one just came out" regret. Haha. Just love it and it will love you back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.