Just GOT my first Mac

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by adamvk, Jan 16, 2009.

1. adamvk macrumors 65816

adamvk

My first Mac, the unibody Macbook Pro just came today. So far, I love it! I'm installing programs as we speak. I have a quick question though, in iTunes, when I plugged my iPod in, the Transfer Purchases from iPod option was grayed out, I couldn't click on it. Any ideas? Thanks

2. zevot macrumors member

sorry couldnt help

but congrats and i m just like you just joined the family recently :D:D

if you need some software recommendation just fire away:p

3. Cboss macrumors 6502

Don't forget to authorize your computer for your iTunes account (and deauthorize you old computer if you're getting rid of it as well).

4. MarkMS macrumors 6502a

Check this article out and see if anything in there helps.
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1329

If not, you can try 3rd party apps to get all your songs transfered. Some apps include iPodrip and Senuti.

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

You can't transfer songs from an iPod to iTunes, but there are 3rd party apps. I used to use Senuti.

6. adamvk thread starter macrumors 65816

adamvk

Thanks for the help everyone. One other quick question, is there a free program somewhere to remove duplicates in itunes? Thanks

One more question, is it best to let the battery die completely before plugging in the AC adapter?

Anyone know? :)

Sorry for being a little pushy but my battery is at 6% already.

7. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

¬.¬

Just plug it in man. Calibrate it once a month by letting it run dry and recharge.

It's a computer not a dandelion.

8. petermcphee macrumors 6502a

petermcphee

I'll be repeating that. Lulz.

9. adamvk thread starter macrumors 65816

adamvk

Sorry everyone for asking the dumb question :)

This is my first Mac as well as first notebook thats been mine to take care of, so I just want to make sure I'm doing this right.

edit: changed desktop to notebook....I've owned several desktops...

10. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Congrats. The first thing to do "right" is treat your new Mac like you would any other common Windows PC. A Mac is not a pretty decoration that will break if you breath on it with bad breath. Just "USE" it and you'll enjoy it. You will never enjoy it if you feel like you are walking on thin ice with it. ;)

11. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Congrats on the computer. As with your iPod it will only transfer your iTunes purchases.

As with the questions, fire them away, but be sure to edit your posts rather than making 3 separate ones; makes the mods happier.

12. adamvk thread starter macrumors 65816

adamvk

Ok, will do :)

After 9 or so hours with it, I'm still loving it :)

However I'm still looking for a program to get rid of my duplicates, does anyone know of any program that can do it for free?

13. johata3 macrumors regular

All I want to say is congratulations on your first mac. I remember my first time getting the Mac (15" unibody MBP). :) I was so happy :)

14. svndmvn Guest

depending on the number of songs you have, just cancel the albums from your library and go back to where you have the originals and add only the ones you have, usually iTunes organizes everything pretty nicely in Music/iTunes/iTunes Music.
    how to remove doubles

15. numbersyx macrumors 65816

numbersyx

16. LERsince1991 macrumors 65816

You can show duplicate songs in iTunes itself. I'm not sure about how to on a mac but on a windows pc its file -> show duplicates

Easy as that. BTW I'l soon be joining you as I'm getting a mac for my architecture course at university when I go next year. Will be getting my macbook in about 3 months though. Not sure whether I want/can afford a macbook pro or a macbook.