Just got my first macbook ....a Couple Questions about testing??

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by july142, Nov 22, 2013.

1. july142 macrumors newbie

So after reading the macbook pro section :( I just wanted to know if there are any issues I should be looking for in the mid 2013 air models ????

Im going to update to mavericks tomorrow, any issues with the new o.s ??? will it take up more of the 128gb ssd (104 available) or overwrite the old sectors??????

What other kind of test should i run to make sure the laptop is performing optimally, especially display???

Thank you and Yes i love the air , love the build, weight, performance, soooo worth the money, the new retina pro just did not do it for me maybe the next generation will be better...

2. iLuvMyMacToo macrumors regular

I'm running Mavericks on my 2013 MBA without any problems.

3. mpantone macrumors 6502

The problems with 10.9 Mavericks has been beaten to death in all of the other Mavericks-related threads. Read those first, then decide for yourself if it's worth upgrading at this time.

Like all operating systems (particularly initial 10.x.0) releases, Mavericks is not without its warts.

That said, I upgraded myself with no showstopping issues. My MacBook Air is used for rather mundane tasks.

The new software will overwrite the existing installation. You are highly advised to do a full backup of your current system before you upgrade to Mavericks.

I upgraded my MacBook Air 2013 from Mountain Lion to Mavericks a couple of days after the new OS released. I did not see a significant increase in disk space usage, maybe a gigabyte.

Of course, I made a complete Time Machine backup of my computer before the upgrade to Mavericks.

I did no special testing. I just used the machine normally after I upgraded to Mavericks.

My Air is my secondary computer; my primary computer is a Mac mini. I upgraded the Air first, just to check it out. I found the Air to run normally, so I upgraded the Mac mini a couple days later. Either way, there was little risk involved since I had full Time Machine backups of both systems before I performed the upgrades.

4. july142 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the info.... Screen looks great, especially after i compared it to my old windows laptop.... tried calibration of screen but seemed to complicated so i cancelled