Just got my first MBP; question about Mavericks

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by FutureStar, Dec 31, 2013.

1. FutureStar macrumors newbie

Hello,

I just bought my first MBP today (13-inch with the optical drive) and I couldn't be happier. I do have one question: will my computer run ok if I download OS Mavericks? It is a silly question, but I read some Macs run slower after installing it. Also, is there any command similar to "Shift + Delete" in Windows, to delete files completely?

Any help for this newbie will be appreciated. Thanks! :D:apple:

2. Ai-apple macrumors regular

I updated 2013 MBP 13" from 10.8.5 to Mavericks 10.9.1 and everything is running fine. You just have to be patient during Mavericks upgrading. It will take time downloading and installing. It will do everything automatically during the installing.

3. GSPice macrumors 68000

GSPice

There's no direct analog to shift-delete in the mac world, but check this out:

http://youtu.be/vzXoG12L6xc

http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/43577/can-finder-delete-a-file-directly-and-bypass-moving-it-to-the-trash

4. glenthompson macrumors 68000

glenthompson

My 2011 MBP is running Mavericks with no problems or slowdowns.

5. Laco macrumors 6502

I have the same computer (I am assuming you have the newest base 13 inch Macbook Pro) and I am running the Mavericks and everything is great. I know many people will not agree with this statement but I think it is the best version of OS X.

6. Rodster macrumors 68040

Once you get up to speed you may want to build a bootable Mavericks USB Flash drive. For a new OS release I find doing a clean install is the better way to go.

Also the Command key is similar to the Alt key in Windows. You'll find certain programs will use CMD in OS X where ALT is used in Windows.

7. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

If the Maverick is giving you too many headaches you can go back to Mountain Lion any time only if you back up to time machine with USB external hard drive.

Enjoy with your new toy and good luck. :apple: