Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
wow thats a lot of money!! I would be outraged.

I got one: So about 2 years ago I was driving up to Montreal from NYC with my girlfriend, I had been driving for 5 hours and was anxious to arrive so I was really stepping on it and just before the last exit in NY state I'm driving and there is a police car in front of me all of a sudden on the highway.... no problem I slow down.... He then slows down switches lanes and lets me pass him... once he is behind me he gets in my lane and proceeds to pull me over.... I was totally baffled but he claims that he clocked me while moving way in front of me doing 80 in a 65 (now granted I was doing 90 or so lol) Anyways I knew I was speeding but I was baffled as to how he clocked me while driving waay in front of me....

whatever so I hired a lawyer up there and paid a $180 fine plus $50 to the lawyer in order to avoid points on my license.

fireshot91

macrumors 601
Jul 31, 2008
Northern VA
I haven't gotten any tickets (Only been in one accident: Not my fault) in the 5 months I've had my license.
But, I remember we were driving to Toronto from DC a couple years ago, and we were in a minivan (My parents, my brother driving, my grandparents and me). It was right outside of Pittsburgh, and we were going with the traffic, about 70-75 in a 55 zone (?), but so was everybody else. With us being in the left lane, there was a speed trap right on a ramp that merged onto the highway, and so my brother got the ticket. I think it was around $200?

Needless to say, he was careful the rest of the way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.