Just got my iCarbons for iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Brettka7, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Brettka7 macrumors regular

The piece that wraps around the side is perfect, the apple logo covers are perfect, but the rear piece is not. It is a few mm too wide and doesn't line up with the camera an apple logo at the same time. I'm going to ask to exchange the rear piece for the 3-piece design and see if it fixes that. Here's some pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was very snug inside the otterbox, which surprised me because of the otterbox's rubber inner layer:

[​IMG]

2. No Regrets macrumors regular

When looking at some of your photos, especially when looking at the phones side (horizontally) it looks like the edge of the skin is kind of frayed or rubbed off, etc....showing some white when the skin is black. Am I seeing this correctly?

3. Brettka7 thread starter macrumors regular

It's just light reflecting off the jagged-by-design edges, due to the carbon fiber look. The edges look black and grey in person.

4. No Regrets macrumors regular

Oh, okay....that's good to know. I was considering ordering the wood icarbon skin for myself.

Do you happen to know if it will leave any residue on the phone if you were to remove the iCarbon skin?

Also, is it difficult to remove it?

Thanks.

5. wx4olf macrumors regular

wx4olf

The icarbon I had on my old ipad 2 came off fairly easily and did not leave any residue that I remember. I'll be picking up one of these for my iphone 5 later in the year after I actually get the phone.

6. No Regrets macrumors regular

Thanks for the reply wx4olf. That makes me feel better about these!

7. prezasti macrumors 6502

prezasti

That looks sweet!

Any camera flash issues with this skin?

8. levels macrumors member

So I also got my icarbons today. Actually got the same exact thing, all black with black sides, but used the Red Apple. Mine actually lines up PERFECTLY. It takes some patience though, you need to move it around a bit when you're lining it up to install, but I have 0 issues with mine. Looks DAMN nice too. I'll try to get some picks up if people are interested.

9. No Regrets macrumors regular

This is a dry install...correct? And it lets you move it around while installing?

10. mr lee macrumors member

mr lee

I almost wish I would have gotten an black iPhone 5 because that's the exact set-up I had on my 4 and I loved it.

But I went white with the 5 so I gotta find something that looks good with white.

It looks sexy on that black. :D

11. levels macrumors member

Correct, you can pull the whole thing up and start over if you want. It's nice cause unlike screen protectors, there's no real worry if a small piece of dust gets underneath. That's why I moved to these over clear wraps, as it used to drive me crazy trying to install perfectly + get no dust underneath.

12. mac.cali macrumors 65816

Nice install, but you cover it up with that nasty looking case. :rolleyes:

13. No Regrets macrumors regular

Thanks for your reply levels! Do you happen to know off hand.....if a year or so down the line you'd like to have something else on the phone; is it hard to remove the iCarbon skin and/or does it leave any residue on it?

14. levels macrumors member

You shouldn't have any problems removing it or having residue on it. I've used in on my iPads before with no issues.

15. tsboy69 macrumors regular

I had an iCarbon on my 4 from day one til just recently when I sold it. It was the one and only time I took it off. I expected stuff to be left behind, and other than a layer of crap at the edges, it came off absolutely clean. It probably would of gone back on AOK.

I had an Atomic bumper case on it and the phone spent all it's travel time in my pockets of my shorts.

No worries on this subject.

16. No Regrets macrumors regular

Thanks for sharing your input on this. I think it's time for me to place an order!