Just got my iPad but...

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by trayanscragg, Sep 26, 2010.

1. trayanscragg macrumors regular

trayanscragg

I just received my iPad probably approx. 2-3 days ago and found out that it had 3.2.2 preinstalled. I looked and looked around and there doesent seem to be a way of either downgrading it to 3.2.1 without the SSH saved or being able to jailbreak it.. so my question is does anybody know when about will there be an update as i'm really desperate to get it jailbroken.. ? Thanks

2. PhazonUK macrumors 6502

Don't think we will see a jailbreak until iOS 4.2. Just keep an eye out for the SHatter jailbreak, but only from trusted sources. There are some sites that will claim to have a jailbreak, but will just rip you off.

3. elie195 macrumors newbie

I'm in the same boat. Got my iPad about 2 weeks ago and it came with 3.2.2. Needless to say, I was pretty disappointed. I think we're just gonna have to wait for 4.2 JB or maybe greenpois0n will be able to JB 3.2.2.

4. dave420 macrumors 65816

I'll throw in my me too as well. I've still got my jailbroken iPhone though. The main thing I want to jailbreak my iPad to do is to run my own applications on the device without paying the $99 developer fee (On the iPhone the other thing I jailbreak for is custom SMS tones). It's no big deal I can wait. I am just happy with the device!

5. trayanscragg thread starter macrumors regular

trayanscragg

Thats such a shame! wonder how long its gonna take ..

6. ellie2000 macrumors newbie

A few months maybe..

7. mrathee macrumors 6502

Good thing you're posting with something to back you up.

A video was posted yesterday morning showing that an ipod 4g can be successfully jailbroken with the new jailbreak app, meaning that it is almost ready.

They also said that it will be out BEFORE 4.2, which is slated for November, so the maximum time would be 1 month.

Based on input from the devs' twitter accounts + chronicdev blog, I would bet that its coming within 1 1/2 weeks.

8. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

Please hold your breath. There's no rhyme or reason for their schedule, it'll be released when it's released.