Just got my iPad for $350!!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by eddiexhart, Nov 27, 2010.

1. eddiexhart macrumors regular

eddiexhart

And I missed it so much! I had gotten one the 3rd week of release date and sadly had to sell it 24 hours layers due to me just moving out with my partner and etc. Until yesterday, I had been searching for an iPad on craigslist and came across one for $350 so I jumped on it and bought it. I'm happy so say that I missed her so much! Ive been all smiles!
    $500+ is steep for most but craigslist used is is still okay! Mine is PERFECT. came with everything.

Ahhh bliss. Missed my iPad.

2. spiralynth macrumors regular

3. kopo macrumors newbie

"Until yesterday, I had been searching for an iPad on craigslist and came across one for $350 so I jumped on it and bought it."

4. troyhouse macrumors 6502

Well, 350 for a used one from CL or brand new for 399 from TJMaxx... there is no need to brag about such stuff...!!

5. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

"and bought it"

When you buy something, you get a receipt, especially online.

6. elwood58 macrumors member

Craigslist private party sale.

7. coochiekuta macrumors 6502

what you dont ask people from craigslist for a receipt? haha :D

well, you should you know in case the item doesnt work as advertised. then again you should try it out as well.

8. ZazenZach macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

From my understanding, sales on craigslist are as is. Even if the seller flat out lies about something, its your responsibility to investigate. Even if yoy made the seller write you a reciept, itd be nearly useless in small claims court. Buyer beware.

9. Muscleflex macrumors 6502

Why are you guys bothered about a proof? It's 2nd hand. And as mentioned above, it's not even worth bragging about since tj maxi has/had it for 399 new.

10. sotorious, Nov 28, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2010

sotorious macrumors 6502a

not the tj maxxes in my city.

11. eddiexhart thread starter macrumors regular

eddiexhart

There is no need to hate. I'm not bragging, I'm just excited to finally have one. I'm not made of money so as much as I woulda love to get a "new" one from TJ Maxxx, I didn't! Just because it was advertised $399 doesn't mean thats the total price. People like me who live I'm California have to pay a ridiculous 8.75% tax for everything. So yes, I'm freaking excited for having found and boughten an iPad for $350 tax free and in perfect condition.

Thank YOU for welcoming me to the family, sheesh.

12. LinMac macrumors 65816

Yeah, that 8.75% tax is a pain. Not like in Los Angeles where it is 11.25% now. That 8.75% is just murder. :p

13. old-wiz macrumors G3

Really low prices on Craigslist are often a sign of stolen merchandise. If the seller can't provide proof of ownership in the form of their sales receipt, then you have a very good chance of receiving stolen goods, which can lead to prosecution of they ever track it to you.

14. applesith macrumors 68030

applesith

You should always get some kind of signed or noted document when buying something like an electronic device. It was likely stolen, why else so cheap? If it is traced back to you, you will have to give the iPad back to the police and you will not get your $350 back.

15. epi117 macrumors 6502

I have sold iphone 2g, 3g, 4g, laptops, ipad, ton of stuff, i have never provided a receipt. Pretty sure i dint steal them, unless i sleep walk at night...

16. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Where in the world in LA is there a 11.25% sales tax. Los Angeles County is 9.75% though it is high, its not 11.25%.

17. macdim macrumors 6502

Don't complain. 13% where I live. And it's effing cold and snowy for at least 4 months of the year. Oh Canada...

18. whocaresit macrumors 6502a

I think the iPad has dog pee on it.
    Never. Trust. Craigslist.

19. AppleGoddess macrumors 6502a

AppleGoddess

Got mine for 269.00 cash and the rest in BB rewards zone points

20. surferchick2, Nov 28, 2010

surferchick2 macrumors member

I'd be curious to see where TJ Maxx has iPads for 399...and which model. No where near here, and I haven't heard that they ship items from their retail store. Some stores won't even leave their post to go check to see if they even have a particular item in the first place.

OK...so it was just before and/or black friday they had some...somewhere. Personally, I wouldn't want to wait days in line for one of these things in hopes I happen to be at the right store and that I don't get trampled over. I'll pay the full price or if need be, take my chance on craigslist, thanks.

Anyway....congratulations Eddie on your purchase! If it works well, then you got a great deal, used or not!

21. DeuxIt macrumors member

tj max had 80 iPads for the entire chain of over 900 store that they bought at retail to sell as a loss leader. you guys are fools.

22. surferchick2 macrumors member

Seriously. I guess even the 399.00 ipad purchasers are fools since there are contests around the country where you can possibly win a free one that's new also. There's probably a better chance of that than getting one at TJ maxx.

23. AppleGoddess macrumors 6502a

AppleGoddess

Win one huh..OK

24. surferchick2, Nov 28, 2010

surferchick2 macrumors member

You can't figure out Im being sarcastic (although somewhat realistic)? lol. Some were criticizing the OP because he could have purchased a new 399 ipad at TJ Maxx. At the minuscule amount of ipads available at that price and possible not even at a store within his state, you'd have a better chance at winning one for free than trying to purchase one there. Conclusion: If someone's a fool for purchasing a used one because of this black friday deal, then in turn, those who did purchase one there are fools for not winning a free one which are of better odds. Sarcasm still applies. Sorry, thought I was clear.

25. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Yeesh, some people on here are really quick to ruin someone's party. Good find OP, glad you're enjoying it.