Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LightOnAHill

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2010
I agree, the mini does web browsing very well in landscape mode.

I use tall mode for documents editing, excel and book reading, and landscape for the internet and it rocks.

The min not having retina has advantages in compatibility with programs and good battery life and size of device.

Nychot

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2011
Ditto from you too

And coming from you this means... precisely nothing.

The iPad Mini is the best tablet I've ever used, if you enjoy the Mini now then you've made a good purchase. You could always sell it to upgrade later as others have mentioned.

tekboi

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2006
EasŦcoast
Can you please forward me a sample of what you're smoking?

lol,

some pretty good ****. Nonetheless, I still say there is not much of a difference when switching from the iPad 2. And the small screen makes non-retina pixel density a little less annoying.

S

syd430

And the small screen makes non-retina pixel density a little less annoying.

I'd say it's the opposite - the smaller the screen, the greater the need for retina. The less pixels there are in absolute terms, the more important each pixel is. That, and the fact that your face is closer to the screen (ipad 2 could probably be held slightly further from your face).

tekboi

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2006
EasŦcoast
I'd say it's the opposite - the smaller the screen, the greater the need for retina. The less pixels there are in absolute terms, the more important each pixel is. That, and the fact that your face is closer to the screen (ipad 2 could probably be held slightly further from your face).

guess my logic is totally screwed in this thread...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.