Just got my iPad2!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Soundhound, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Soundhound macrumors 6502a

Yippee! I'm at the office and wondering if I should do the initial steps on my laptop here, or wait till I'm at home and do it on my iMac. They're both mine, but the iMac is the one that is connected to all my music on external drives etc.

Does it matter, or could I go ahead and do it here? :confused:

2. Lindenhurst macrumors 6502a

DO it now !!!! If you have any problems, send me a message and i'll help ya out. It is real easy to get set up.

Congrats and enjoy.

3. zblaxberg Guest

zblaxberg

Don't hesitate and miss out on the experience! Start using it now! You'll be able to sync all of your music later on.

4. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

yeah, activate in a hurry with any machine running iTunes and start enjoying it now.

5. Soundhound thread starter macrumors 6502a

cool! thanks. connecting now....:D

----------

Ok seems like it's done. I deselected all the syncing options, and that was the end of it. Should I keep it connected for a period of time to charge the battery fully at this point? Or does that not matter?

6. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

forget about the battery, just start enjoying your pad now :D

7. Soundhound thread starter macrumors 6502a

so I can unplug it and it won't keep the battery from getting a full charge whenever I do plug it in to charge next time?

8. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Congrats OP! I love the iPad 2. And yes, you can unplug it and take it home and finish charging it.

9. angusslo macrumors regular

angusslo

10. Soundhound thread starter macrumors 6502a

this thing is just ridiculous. I haven't used these that much. The whole touch screen thing is worth the price of entry. Amazing technology.

11. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

Do note that you can only sync to one iTunes library, so when you plug in at home it may prompt you to erase everything to sync with it (Which probably won't be much if you just got it.)

This goes away with iOS 5 in a few weeks though as you can just sync to iCloud.

12. Soundhound thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok thanks! Until iCloud arrives, all I'm actually wanting to do is sync to my Mail and Contacts, which is currently all synced between my imac, macbook pro and iPhone, all through Mobileme. Should I wait till I get home to do that?

13. BuddyRockefella macrumors newbie

BuddyRockefella

14. Soundhound thread starter macrumors 6502a

I got a black 32 gig wifi. 32 since I'm hoping the cloud will be a good thing and provide access to a lot of my stuff. Wifi because I'm generally in places with wifi when I imagine I'll be using it. Black because my wife has a white one.

15. Uplift macrumors 6502

I picked up a Black iPad2 on Monday, i love it.. i enjoy reading again in bed. haven't picked up a book for years.

16. LincolnsiPod macrumors 6502

Just bought an iPad last week too. :D And to think before I was lampooning it as a glorified oversized iPod Touch, but then I saw the light when I started using photo editing apps on my iPhone and kept thinking "man, this would be SO much much easier if I had an iPad." :p

Syncing has really confused me though. My iTunes library is on my Windows, so if I sync my iPad to my MacBook, everything go bye bye. I'm trying to figure out if iCloud will solve these problems so I can wait for that instead of manually adding my contacts from my iPhone to my iPad, and so on.